FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
royal 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#108563 - 08/20/04 04:57 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally have used both of the aforementioned strikes in combative situations with great results. But I do not think that I executed them in the way that the original poster was trying to say. Additionally, these were very light strikes when used. Massive "whacking" is not necessary when executed correctly. Does not even leave a mark on the person that lasts longer than a few moments.

With regards,

Michael

#108564 - 08/21/04 01:50 AM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What happens if your opponent slip-attacks you or what if he can handle your punch and is still standing? Sounds dangerous to me.

#108565 - 08/25/04 12:30 AM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kempoman:
How exactly would hitting the side of the neck affect oxygenation?

Also how wuold stopping the blood from getting to the brain 'for a short period of time' cause death?

Scott
[/QUOTE]

Scott....come on, you can't really be THAT ignorant. Of cource blood contains oxygen and that is how ANY part of your body recieves oxygen....through blood flow. You lungs put oxygen into your blood with the help of your heart and all that good stuff. So, if blood circulation is cut from the brain, so is its oxygen supply.....the brain can only go 2 minutes without oxygen before it begins to die (brain damage) and I believe after 4-5 minutes the brain is completly dead. If your brain goes without oxygen for even 10-15 seconds you pass out. Your brain needs CONSTANT blood flow/oxygen to function properly.

[This message has been edited by AndyJT (edited 08-25-2004).]

#108566 - 08/25/04 12:42 AM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The-Muay-Thai-Kickboxer:
If you ever wanted to impress someone or just finish a fight quick? Well here's what you do a karate strike to the side of the neck will knock someone out easily but you have to hit them hard or it might not work. Another is a palm strike to the forehead you must do this extremly hard for it to work. The last is a 2 hit knock out first you uppercut with your left then right after a right cross this will not always work so don't be dissapointed! Anyone have any questions or disagreements or etc... tell me![/QUOTE]

This topic is very much out of line and is totally against what martial arts is all about. You don't go around trying to impress anybody with the damage you can cause to another living thing. People who go around challenging or looking for fights must have something wrong in their hearts because if their heart was right they would not challenge other people to fight. Moreover most of these people challenge people to fight because they feel insecure and they want to use a fight as a means to acieve some unknown aim. The pure fact that you feel you need to impress says that you long for the feeling of acceptance and feel as though you need people to aprove of you through fancy movements. Not only are you lying to them as to who you are, but you lie to yourself as to who you are. To feel as though you need to impress people is to look for a popular personality and duplicate it (To be somebody other than yourself)..... Being yourself will get you much further in life.

#108567 - 08/25/04 12:50 AM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndyJT:
Scott....come on, you can't really be THAT ignorant. Of cource blood contains oxygen and that is how ANY part of your body recieves oxygen....through blood flow. You lungs put oxygen into your blood with the help of your heart and all that good stuff. So, if blood circulation is cut from the brain, so is its oxygen supply.....the brain can only go 2 minutes without oxygen before it begins to die (brain damage) and I believe after 4-5 minutes the brain is completly dead. If your brain goes without oxygen for even 10-15 seconds you pass out. Your brain needs CONSTANT blood flow/oxygen to function properly.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Cutting the blood flow to the brain will affect the oxygen flow to the brain causing the person to pass out. But as there are two arteries, one no each side, how will a single blow to one side of the neck affect the oxygenation enough to cause them to pass out. A person will go out fairly quick if the blood flow is inhibited on both side but a single blow to one side of the neck isn't going to cause a person to go unconscious as described in the original post. Stunned? Yes. Knocked out? I doubt it. I've been struck in the neck like described and never went out. More than a few times by an instructor I had when I first met Scott.

#108568 - 08/25/04 03:19 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was going over some gojushiho kata applications last weekend, and got a good taste of what a throat/neck strike can and cannot do. After parrying my punches, my partner came in at me from an angle, lifting me with his hip while wrapping an arm around my throat, the end result being me getting dumped on the ground. We got up to full speed, and he accidentally thrusted me (with his hip) right into the oncoming arm, so I basically got clotheslined. But it was a real sharp snap to the throat. It definitely hurt- and made me a little disoriented for a moment, but I still felt clear enough to continue. The loss of breath was minimal, nothing that anyone with any experience coudn't over come. Within 10 minutes, it was like it had never happened. Had we actually been fighting, the momentary confusion probably would have given him the upper hand. But in terms of stopping me in my tracks, or knocking me out, nope.

#108569 - 08/26/04 09:35 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with AndyJT completely. I practice Aikido, and to my knowledge, good Karma is still your best move in life. Period......

#108570 - 08/27/04 02:55 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
jujitsu vinni Offline

Loc: England
andy is absolutely right people who practise a martial art to show off isn't practising for the right reason i chose to practise jujitsu to protect myself not to show off to my friends (or girls)and anyone who does practise any martial art to show off is abusing them

#108571 - 08/27/04 08:48 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone ,the strike to the neck is the vagus nerve and if hit properly it will knock a person out and in some people kill. This nerve is made up of both motor,and sensory fibers. Damage to arteries can happen .Some police officers use this with a slap and it works, for more info read Gray's Anatomy very good reading .

#108572 - 09/04/04 08:45 PM Re: 1 & 2 Hit Knock Outs!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear The-Muay-Thai-Kickboxer: ?

As someone will over 22 years experience in Martial Arts and 3 related feilds of study.

Who has competed national and internationaly and also has many years of being trained by ex miltary personel and have a number of instructor grades.

I wish to make the following comments and observations on your submission.

1. "If you ever wanted to impress someone"

This is an outrageous comment, any Self defence / CQC / Martial Arts practioneer should NEVER EVER use his or her skills to impress someone. But to defend yourself and others only!

You are clearly a junior grade with little sence of maturity (and morality of using this electronic forum to provide inapppropriate unsolicited 'advice') or understanding of the seriousness of the advice you give.

or just finish a fight quick?

Oh really? you have experience in finishing fights as u claim - I would be very interested in talking to your Sifu or sensei about your experience and skill level - It might prove quite illuminating ! for all of us who read your submissions on this internet site.

"Well here's what you do a karate strike"

what is a Muay-Thai-Kickboxer doing 'teaching' Karate ?

"karate strike" is a very general term do you mean atemmi waza, I think you do! and which one, by the way?

"the side of the neck will knock someone out easily"

There are over 20 vital and non vital points on the neck alone - which one - you dont know what you are talking about - do you mean ST9 / 2 / Vegas Nerve? I will not name the rest for u or others reading this. Oh and which side of the neck, by the way you do not illuminate???

Those out there reading this that have similar knowledge and experience to mine, will be able to understand and appreciate my comments I make of your submission.

"but you have to hit them hard or it might not work"

as little as a 4lb blow to certain parts (and at a particular angle) of the body, will kill a man, you dont need hard strikes to kill a man at all.

It is far to easy to kill a man, it is an art and far harder to disable and keep alive an violent agressor/attacker, for arrest later on, if possible?

"Also might not work"

You sound very uncertain for someone who is trying to sound so experienced !

So you advocate a technique "to finish a fight" which in your own words might not work, and that in a later submission after cross examination by fellow contributors, u say u don't use! Extroadinary.

That will work when your bleeding perfusly & relying on your gross motor neuron function skills for survival against armed or unarmed assault - I don't think so
sunshine.

Stick to playing with playdo & Lego in the sandpit - please

Kempoman
re your comments about neck affect oxygenation - his comments are vagely correct but not acutely accurate - look up red and white blood cell corpussell circulation, theres nothing secret about my above comment.

Im not going to waste anymore time semiotically disemminating & deconstructing your submission.

I have written this so hopefully that anyone who reads your: Tripe, Drivel and BS
does not take you or your submissions seriously.

I hope you are never given a teaching grade in your life.

If anyone was to follow your 'advice' they would most probably end up on a murder charge, by the way. You or your 'instructor' as you claim?(an instructor should know better) hadnt thought about that, had you.

Striking the neck hard is extremely dangerous and is often deadly.

Do you really want to kill a man on the street?

- lose your job, your freedom, destroy your marriage, friendships and family relationships, not see your children grow up, live with the guilt for the rest of your life of taking a mans life & destroying his family - due to your gross stupidity - all because you dont take your art seriously and take a short cut routes and avoid years of training to learn safe training and defensive methods.

Ignorant People like you frighten the hell out of me and disgust me, in equal measure.

In the late middle ages a fine man called George Silver (european equivolent of Musashi)advocated Death "to false teachers of defence".

As JFKennedy had wriitten on his desk plaque "only the man in the arena really knows". who right he is.

For your own sake I hope you never come under any serious violent attack on the street.

Clearly u have not faced such a threat !

I wouldnt want you covering my back whilst working on a door, or on the street.

I sincerely hope I do not see your submissions again, ever.

AndyJT
its nice to see some common sence prevailing here - I enjoyed your submissions sir

high-5
I have no doubt sir that you know of what u speak, but is it really wise to help and proliferate the Dim Mak & Dim Tsu knowledge to dangerous ignorant beginners like this one? via this public medium, perhaps not sir?

To use a chinese maxium:
"A wise falcon never shows his claw"

I think on reflection sir, you might agree with me, I enjoyed your submission anyway at least you take your study seriously and that I respect.

IF ANYONE WISHES TO LEARN ANY MARTIAL ARTS DISCIPLINE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFIED ADVICE. MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A REGISTERD TEACHER WHO IS UNDER AN ACCREDITATED ASSOCIATION WITH FULL INSURANCE AND WHO PROVIDES AND TEACHES LEGAL KNOWLEDGE OF SELF DEFENCE AND THE LAW & FIRST AID.

SAFE PRACTICING

yours a very angry contributor.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga