FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
1 registered (MattJ), 60 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#10836 - 09/05/03 09:28 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mark:
You lot are far to harsh, you have been jolly cruel to Commoncents, and now he has run away, that is just not cricket chaps…….now I cant enter this debate, spoilt my fun you have.

This poor child, visits our forum, with his well thought out and articulated opinions and all you can do is shoot him down in flames!

What if he has suffered severe emotional turmoil as a result of your unprovoked attack on his very enlightening point of view? How are you going to feel?
A “true” sensei would take this buddy master, quietly aside and provide guidance and personal development points…….

Please remember this old & learned Sensei’s advice:-

“ Opinions are like Ar*s holes, everybody has one, and they are all full of Sh*t”

You are all reduced in rank by 1 grade.

Regards,

Mark
[/QUOTE]

Mark:
Your compassionate, trollmanitarian post has made me see the error of my ways. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]
I now feel urged to make amends. Self- flagellation seems appropriate. Now, if I could only find a wet noodle that'll stand up to 40 lashes!!!

[This message has been edited by MAGon (edited 09-05-2003).]

#10837 - 09/05/03 09:39 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any further Trollism will be reported to the moderator and I understand he is very strict! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Sharon

#10838 - 09/06/03 09:48 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
MrVigerous Offline
Former Administrator

Loc: UK
Sharon is correct I am indeed very strict, especialy when it comes to trollism! In fact if I had a moustache it would be quivering in indignation right at this moment. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Regds
Mr V

#10839 - 09/06/03 05:08 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
roflmao.

"if I had a moustache it would be quivering in indignation right at this moment"

is that all? or you REALLY excited...........

why wont commoncents some back, i liked him...
But not, apparantly as much as MR V...

Mark

#10840 - 09/08/03 08:26 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
CommonCents Offline

Loc: USA
Actually Sharon,

I am NOT a troll. I'm not taking pleasure in anyone's anguish. I'm only here to contribute something that most people don't know...especially mainstream people.

You all seem to have the incredible habit of putting words into my internet-mouth...things that I NEVER said. That's a sign of what psychologist describe as people using THEIR own experiences or past actions & projecting it on others.

Do you even KNOW who Willie "The Bam" Johnson is?

He's one of very few "sensei" I respect.

#10841 - 09/08/03 08:28 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
CommonCents Offline

Loc: USA
Once again, you keep proving me right. You're quoting old Eastern philosophy quote without even TRULY understanding the essence of them. You're simply just quoting.

Pathetic.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ender:
*sighs* Allright CommonCents, let's get on with this...

REASONS YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET ON AN INTERNET FORUM:

1) You claim to be enlightended and/or to have trained under enlightened individuals, HOWEVER, you come here and tell everyone how unenlightened they are without ever having met them or even interacted with them. A truly enlightened person (not that I would know, but I like to think I'm on the right path), wouldn't have said ANYTHING at all. An old taoist quote agrees with me, when it says that "those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know.

#10842 - 09/08/03 09:04 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Really? Me? I do not understand this saying?

And how well do you know me, Commoncents? I was not aware that you were psychic and could enter my mind to figure out what old eastern philosophies I was confused about.

Yes, I know who Willie "The Bam" Johnson is, I've seen his book around. He teaches "Wushido" I believe.

Now, not having met any of us, why is it you still presume to make assumptions based on what we have posted in an internet forum?

Did it never occur to you that there might be a little more to us than that?

#10843 - 09/09/03 01:06 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Commoncents,
Without putting words in your mouth, You said in your first post that none of us here was a true sensei. I quote you directly
"Do you wanna know an example of someone who IS a true sensei...a respectable model?

Willie "he Bam" Johnson!

NOT Rorion Gracie, NOT Ron "he paranoid" Prather, NOT Tony Blauer, NOT JKogas, NOT Richard Dmitri, and CERTAINLY not any of YOU.

I'd much sooner take a dump on all their heads & stuff used tampons down their throats, than to "respect" these people!"

Tell me how you know what kind of sensei I am without us ever meeting, then I might take you seriously. Preferably, tell me without being rude, if you can.
Sharon

#10844 - 09/09/03 01:08 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry double posted

[This message has been edited by wadowoman (edited 09-09-2003).]

#10845 - 09/09/03 01:42 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Truly a pathetic thread.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga