FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432509 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#10806 - 08/30/03 03:55 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
StormDOA Offline

Loc: Lansing, Mich., USA
boy that was pretty amazing Common Cents after reading all of your responses to the comments on your post I come to see it as a comedy routine. You know the one about the guy screaming at his friends that he is a real sensitive person, or the pickpocket saying he hates thieves. I mean wow, you talk about how you want to be a sensei, a true sensei, but then you not only dictate to people what exactly that is ( not a very open and humble approach) but then you harang and insult your fellow contributors. And you somehow manage to close with what is it? be open and humble. Nice touch.
At any rate, I am on the verge of a master instructor test ( 4th dan) in a year or two and I am constantly realigning and a refocusing my energy to be a better teacher, warrior, martial artist and just to be a better man.
The closest thing I can think of for a real sensei is, someone whom you have a relationship with and whose advice you value.who helps you grow through the common medium of your martial arts class.
Perfection is a path, not a place
Good Luck finding it, me I will just enjoy the journey.

#10807 - 08/30/03 05:57 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Intended for humour and seriousness [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

A true Sensei is someone who will teach you everything without holding anything back, a true sensei is someone who will treat everone in the dojo with equal respect. A true sensei is one who will not use you as his punching bag (ulike mine), a true sensei will not say his art is about character development and then tell you that he wants you to go around town picking fights to give his dojo a good reputation (like mine), a true sensei will not set up in a fight and be bias (wanting your opponent to beat the heck out of you and giving him all of the points [being biased], or set up a fight cause your mischievous friend wants to beat you up), a true sensei will not beat you up just to show off or simply because he can (like mine).

A true Sensei in our modern times is a good entrepreneur!

Based on a true story.

Mine! lol

I'm getting a new Sensei!

[This message has been edited by Shotokan (edited 08-30-2003).]

#10808 - 08/30/03 08:01 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
RAVEN,

In the UK we have mastered the greatest of all martial arts:- SARCASM.

I consider myself a grandmaster at this most vicious of MA. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

I do understand that In the USA this art is little practiced and even less appreciated, but come on, I wasn’t even subtle!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what makes a great sensei, being so damn good at ones art that others cant even begin to grasp the skill involved.

Raven you are reduced in rank by 2 grades. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

regards,

Mark

#10809 - 08/30/03 09:07 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Karate kid Offline
Enthusiast

HECK YA! A NEWBIE WITH NO COMMON SENCE I CAN ARGUE WITH! AWESOME! ender you hurt my feelings man. You really did. I thought i was the stupidest person on this forum! O well ill just have to get over it. Hey common sense, you NEED SOME COMMON SENSE. GO TRY THE LOCAL PAWN SHOP! sry. made no sense o well! ender may i please use your favorite word one more time???? PLEASEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!? here i go...your bullshit common sense...IDIOT!

#10810 - 08/30/03 09:17 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Karate kid Offline
Enthusiast

Hey common sense, DONT YOU EVER AND I MEAN EVER TALK BAD ABOUT ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM! ILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ASS! dont ever talk about jkogas like that! jkogas is cool, along with everyone else on this forum not counting you. Nobody said anything about jesus or them being compared to jesus! What planet did you come from! What is a true sensei to you? Look it up in the japanese dictionary DUMBASS! I hope ender does whip your ass and i hope jkogas does to! I hope i do to! The people on this forum are good people [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] your gonna change that! Get a life you FAGGET! Grow some balls!

im sry if i have made anyone else mad on this forum.

#10811 - 08/30/03 09:24 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Karate kid Offline
Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karate kid:
Hey common sense, DONT YOU EVER AND I MEAN EVER TALK BAD ABOUT ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM! ILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ASS! dont ever talk about jkogas like that! jkogas is cool, along with everyone else on this forum not counting you. Nobody said anything about jesus or them being compared to jesus! What planet did you come from! What is a true sensei to you? Look it up in the japanese dictionary DUMBASS! I hope ender does whip your ass and i hope jkogas does to! I hope i do to! The people on this forum are good people [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] your gonna change that! Get a life you FAGGET! Grow some balls!

im sry if i have made anyone else mad on this forum.
[/QUOTE]

You dont mess with my buddies, jkogas,ender,smittenkitten,nekogami,magon,chenzen,raven,mr.v! Im not gonna give you an apoligy either! and ender, when is part 3 coming out?

#10812 - 08/30/03 09:32 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
So young, so angry... Damn that rap music!
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

- Raul

#10813 - 08/30/03 09:51 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Dyevushka Offline

Loc: New York
ive never seen so much hostility toward one person in my entire life!!.....well at least you got rid of the little prick

#10814 - 08/31/03 02:01 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
definitely a relative of ed....

#10815 - 08/31/03 04:18 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why is every one still so upset?

He was an idiot, he was annoying and rude, but now he has gone.

If he is still reading here although not posting (which apparently many trolls do to see how much upset they have caused) he will be well pleased to see he is still being given bandwidth.

Don't give him the satisfaction.
Sharon [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga