FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#10786 - 08/29/03 06:54 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
trog dor Offline

Loc: Canada
There's no real point in addressing what commoncents said. But telling everyone they have no idea about the meaning of a "true sensei" without making any sense whatsoever as your first post is only asking for trouble. Other than that, I'd like to point out that you(commoncents) yourself have no idea. Sifu teach chinese martial arts, Sensei teach japanese arts. Telling us that a sensei's teacher is a sifu, well it shows how much of a "real" style you learn under.

#10787 - 08/29/03 07:43 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Is this new guy related to, or a student of .................. Ed?

JohnL

#10788 - 08/29/03 08:31 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CommonCents:
"Joesixpack"....

I think you, like most others seem to be here, are hearing voices in your head. And like other, you are trying to quote me with things I DID NOT say. Once again, PAY ATTENTION.

I am NOT here to say these people aren't teacher-like, or whatever. I am NOT here to degrade others to uplift myself. I am NOT here to simply point out flaws in these people.

What I am doing here is setting the record straight as to what a TRUE SENSEI is, in order to dispel any false notions of one...while also stating examples of who AREN'T true senseis.

"ChenZen"...I did NOT say I know everyone HERE. I said I know those MA instructors I listed (ie-Tony Blauer, Rich Dmitri, etc).

Once again, PAY ATTENTION.
You're acting like the mind of a hypocritical child.
[/QUOTE]

Where did this buffoon come from?
Sonny, you admit you're of "lower ranking" (And your attitude shows it). When you've spent as much time in the MAs as the people you have the arrogance to criticize, you'll BEGIN to have the credibility needed to say something about their ideas.
Don't bother answering me, I won't read it. Sharon's right, the troll needs to be starved and, judging from the sample above, your thoughts aren't worth my time.

#10789 - 08/29/03 08:55 AM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
*sighs* Allright CommonCents, let's get on with this...

REASONS YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET ON AN INTERNET FORUM:

1) You claim to be enlightended and/or to have trained under enlightened individuals, HOWEVER, you come here and tell everyone how unenlightened they are without ever having met them or even interacted with them. A truly enlightened person (not that I would know, but I like to think I'm on the right path), wouldn't have said ANYTHING at all. An old taoist quote agrees with me, when it says that "those who know do not speak, those who speak do not know.

And frankly, you've been doing far too much speaking.

2) It is a well known maxim that "Wise men learn more from fools, than fools learn from wise men". If anything, you should THANK us for furthering YOUR training by being fools in YOUR opinion (which nobody really cares about anyway). A truly enlightened person would understand this.

3) People on this forum have probbaly been Sensei's since before you were born, and yet you come here and try to tell them how to run THEIR sh*t? Give me a break! You even state your a novice (not that it ISN't obvious).

They have given me a wealth of information since I have come to this forum, and all you have given me is a headache!

4) You give absolutely no basis for your accusations (on people you have never met or talked with no less), yet see a reason to name some of our members by name (i.e. JKOGAS). You have failed to state what it is these people have been doing WRONG, other than be "unenlightened" in the grand exalted opinion of you, oh Jackest of all Ass.

Now, if I make this post any longer (which I could, I can think of dozens more, which WILL pop up in later posts) nobody will read it, and thus making my posting it, futile.

Needless to say, I once read that "If you can't be a good rolemodel, you may as well be a horrible warning".

Truthfully, I think you oughta switch careers, as your so GOOD at being a warning.

#10790 - 08/29/03 06:12 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
Game, Set, and Match... Ender.

#10791 - 08/29/03 06:41 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Raul Perez Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, USA
Willie "The Bam" Johnson?! Isn't this the same man who cut off his pony tail and made it into a whip like weapon on that WMAC Masters TV program like 10 yrs ago? LOL That is your true sensei?!

CommonCents,

Please keep in mind that the reason that us serious martial artists have taken offense and have lashed out at you is because you have made such a blind statement towards us all. You make all these requirements for what a true sensei is and then wholeheartedly come out and say none of us are even close. Have you seen any of us teach? Have you viewed us in our work environment (outside of MAs)? Have you spoken to our family, friends, or relatives about our moral standards and convictions? The answer to all these questions is NO. Of course all of us are still growing as human beings both spiritually and mentally. And all of us are willing to open up, listen and learn. But each of us must do so willingly when he or she is ready. Not when they are told.

Kind regards,

Raul

PS

It is my opinion that you should be humble and post a formal apology. Whether you choose to or not is your decision.

#10792 - 08/29/03 07:06 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Raven Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sin City
hehe...anybody else noticed mr. 'i've got IDIOT written all over me' hasn't responded since 10 posts..er 11 with mine. nice job ender and chen zen...goodcents, i was halfway before i stopped reading your 'enlightened' post.

#10793 - 08/29/03 09:30 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
mark Offline
sword of magnamity

Loc: uk
You lot are far to harsh, you have been jolly cruel to Commoncents, and now he has run away, that is just not cricket chaps…….now I cant enter this debate, spoilt my fun you have.

This poor child, visits our forum, with his well thought out and articulated opinions and all you can do is shoot him down in flames!

What if he has suffered severe emotional turmoil as a result of your unprovoked attack on his very enlightening point of view? How are you going to feel?
A “true” sensei would take this buddy master, quietly aside and provide guidance and personal development points…….

Please remember this old & learned Sensei’s advice:-

“ Opinions are like Ar*s holes, everybody has one, and they are all full of Sh*t”

You are all reduced in rank by 1 grade.

Regards,

Mark

#10794 - 08/29/03 11:14 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
joesixpack Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Australia
Yes, Master "Dirty" Callahan has taught the SFPD and this forum well...

#10795 - 08/29/03 11:27 PM Re: The real definition of a TRUE sensei.
Raven Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sin City
Ouch mark...now your hurting me....i guess your right we did scare him off, and we were too harsh on him and ... LIFE'S A BITCH, and its harsh!!! But I guess that in this forum we are a sort of family, so what happens when someone starts to attack family...you ATTACK em back! And come on!! don't tell me you don't like making fun of a some one who's unwilling to see beyond the box and especially those who think they are "all that" when they're just idiots who don't know any better. and okay i'll admit i'm not the best martial artist in the world! nor am I the smartest one.
Jesse

P.S. Yes I am willing to admit that some of the words in my comment may be wrong! But I am willing to fight for what I believe in!
and sorry I ruined your fun.
And no i'm not bitter!

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 08-29-2003).]

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga