FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#108471 - 05/26/04 12:56 PM Questions from a newby
Anonymous
Unregistered

In UFC most of the winners are brazlian ju jitsu fighters that can also do good at stand up fighting.

Why isnt there more Kyusho practicers in these types of competitions. Knowing where to hit someone to get a quick KO would make them one of the best fighters.

And I know groin, eyes, and fingering pressure points are not legal moves. But in the videos from www.kyusho.com he hits the spots simotaneously resulting in the KO. Striking these points would be legal.

This art seems very intresting to me, but Ive yet to see some of it done practically in fight.

With all respect

Travis

#108472 - 05/26/04 05:08 PM Re: Questions from a newby
Dr. Krunk-n-stein Offline

Loc: here nor there
The fact is that most of the winners nowadays are wrestlers with a good striking background. BJJ/GJJ alone is not enough these days to win MMAS comps. consistently. These are world class athletes, steroids included. You are fighting adrenalized, juice monsters so kyusho won't necessarily work on them.

Plus, the real karate-ka will never enter a BS pissin' contest like this. That IS the truth and always has been. Competition of this sort, NHB or otherwise, goes against traditional karate training and philosophy. Now if it was a surprise street confrontation, that's another story, but what pro fighter would risk getting hurt in a real fight and lose out on winning money in the ring or Octagon? Sounds ridiculous huh? That is totally counter to what most people train in MAs for. Bassackwards.

Think about it. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

#108473 - 05/30/04 09:26 PM Re: Questions from a newby
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: flemington,nj,usa
Kyusho.com is a group of DILLMAN trained KYUSHO people and I have yet to see the knock outs work against anyone who is not just standing there. Many of the submissions they use can be mapped out using PP in te same way TUITE uses PP's.

#108474 - 05/31/04 02:40 PM Re: Questions from a newby
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes the use of some P/P 's are not allowed in NHB / UFC fights , and now that I've been training in KYUSHO for alittle while now and want to do some of this full contact fighting and workin these P/P's to fighting it is hard to hit the points that you need to to KO someone A. when you are moveing B. when the other person is traind in any other / or same style of MA,. if some jerk would come up and start in with me I would have the advantage cuz I know what I know & he dosen't but if we knew each other and he started with me he might know what I would do and defend aganst it .... element of surprise is the key to everything.................

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga