FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432478 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#108342 - 05/22/05 11:58 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: underdog]
Rumble Offline

Everyone has different theorys to what dim mak is or does. As for me what I have been taught and learned from my Sifu is that a dim mak or death touch is like and closely resembles the 1 inch punch mostly aimed at your vital points and looks more like a touch then a hit that is where the term death touch came about. Actually anything aimed at your vital points is deadly the dim mak just disguises it too look like he just touched you. One experience that I felt on myself was when my Sifu used one finger less then an inch away from my solar plexas and tapped me with his finger I fell to the floor and couldnt breath for like 15-20 seconds after I got up all the other students where in shock saying that Sifu just touched you in the chest and you collapsed thats how the legendary dimmak or death touch got started.

#108343 - 05/23/05 12:42 AM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Rumble]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Quote:

Everyone has different theorys to what dim mak is or does. As for me what I have been taught and learned from my Sifu is that a dim mak or death touch is like and closely resembles the 1 inch punch mostly aimed at your vital points and looks more like a touch then a hit that is where the term death touch came about. Actually anything aimed at your vital points is deadly the dim mak just disguises it too look like he just touched you. One experience that I felt on myself was when my Sifu used one finger less then an inch away from my solar plexas and tapped me with his finger I fell to the floor and couldnt breath for like 15-20 seconds after I got up all the other students where in shock saying that Sifu just touched you in the chest and you collapsed thats how the legendary dimmak or death touch got started.

You guys started it??

I think it should be mandatory for all sifu's to wear deodorant to keep this sort of thing from happening.

#108344 - 05/23/05 10:10 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: SANCHIN31]
Rumble Offline

Quote:

Quote:

You guys started it??

I think it should be mandatory for all sifu's to wear deodorant to keep this sort of thing from happening.

Hello? I didnt say WE started it. Thats how the legend theory of the death touch or dimmak came about a long time ago that has been passed down from generations to generations. Come on Sanchin31 I thought you would have more sense then that.

#108345 - 05/23/05 10:34 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Rumble]
eyrie Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: QLD, Australia
Yeah, no, you have to be really careful what you write. I had to read it again to make sure I understood what you meant too.

#108346 - 05/24/05 01:07 AM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Rumble]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Rumble, I took your story literally to add my sarcastic humor. Sorry if I offended you. Now,I don't believe your story about touching the solar plexis and losing your breath. Sorry.

#108347 - 05/24/05 01:32 AM Re: Dim Mak [Re: SANCHIN31]
Rumble Offline

Quote:

Rumble, I took your story literally to add my sarcastic humor. Sorry if I offended you. Now,I don't believe your story about touching the solar plexis and losing your breath. Sorry.

Sorry man no offense taken I just wanted to make it clear that what you said that" we started it", would make other new martial arts enthusiast who are new to this forum confused and to think that I implied that we started the death touch. No hard feelings Sanchin31 I wish you the best of luck in your journeys of martial arts trainings.

#108348 - 05/24/05 01:45 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Rumble]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
Back on subject. Yes Rumble, I have heard of that. I personally have not seen it, however I heard of it from someone I trust to tell the truth.

I have seen other things quite amazing. The most amazing was for someone to be able to make a willing uke pass out from another room, while uke's vital signs were being monitored so that we could see the biological response, which could not be faked. I know this will generate jeers. It is OK. I probably wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't seen things like this several times.

I personally will never develop that skill, however, the faciniation will keep me studying for a long time. The mind is an amazing place. While I'm hitting and twisting and grabbing points trying to make my hands on martial arts better, I wonder what the potential of the mind really is.

#108349 - 05/29/05 11:11 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: underdog]
BaguaMonk Offline

Loc: DALLAS TX BABY
He is right. Death touch does not exist. It looks like a "touch" from perhaps old men who have practiced INTERNAL arts all their lives because they are able to concentrate such vast amounts of mechanical energy into one point. As you get more advandced in internal arts, you can send someone flying by barely moving. It LOOKS like they aren't moving, but their awareness of weight and body mechanics is so natural, and the internal happenings are concealed, that one is able to do the same thing with almost no wasted movement. Internal arts are about putting the mind, body, and soul together, but mostly about learning how to truly move. Thats why motion, slow, and stillness is so essential to practice.

"Fa jing" is useless because you can't kill anyone nowdays. Real Fajing was used in strikes, to cause temporary (or permanent) effects, just like accupressure. There are PLENTY of obvious medical places you could strike, (chops to back of neck, side etc.) which are also found in Dim Mak. Fa jing can be done so close to the body, (even if your finger is touching the point), that perhaps amongst the most advandced internalists, it looks like a "touch."
"He made my arm go numb by just touching me!" It wasn't a touch, internally, there is alot of violent direction of energy being led to this one point.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga