FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108322 - 07/02/04 02:19 PM Re: Dim Mak
Telepath Offline

Loc: miami, Florida
do you know what the difference between juijutsu andneromuscular massage is... Intent and Intensity

#108323 - 05/09/05 11:58 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Telepath]
BaguaMonk Offline

Loc: DALLAS TX BABY
Eagle Claw and Tiger claw's methods of chin na use extensive dim Mak. Tiger Claw uses it in their striking too.

Bagua Zhang, and Taijichuan use it extensively, almost exclusively in their striking. Good luck finding any teacher of traditional gong fu or internal methods that knows this knowledge.

Unfortunately nowdays, you will see mostly karate schools that teach "Dim Mak" (if you can even call it that). Don't go to a place where they offer to knock you out, or teach it on someone that does nothing, or throws a measly slow punch or kick that they know is coming. Knowledge of these arts is disjointed, disorganized, and abused in the wrong ways nowdays, be wary.

Quote:

Well... excuse my forgetfullness but.... Dim Mak means press meridian, then there are other terms for "press Blood" (Dim Tsu) and press tendons and yet another term (can't remember the Cantonese) for Death Touch. My memory fails me and I appreciate that many people use the term Dim Mak for death touch but it's not the one used in HK Kung Fu circles..... Maybe I should've written them down at the time...

Something many karate schools seem to do. There is no such thing as a "death touch." Dim Mak really refers to applying pressure, usually through Chin na, to the points. While Da Mak refers to finger stabbing (by striking) the points.

Learn how to heal, and cure others of ailments through using acupuncture/acupressure knowledge, that is the real way of understanding Dim Mak. Other than that, you will have half-transmitted knowledge of striking.

Edited by BaguaMonk (05/10/05 12:02 AM)

#108324 - 05/10/05 04:16 AM Re: Dim Mak [Re: BaguaMonk]
Hedgehogey Offline

WHOOP WHOOP HERE COMES THE REALITY TRUCK

Squad 1, show them the Dim Mak instructor unable to KO a tiny female reporter video!

Squad 2, bust out UFC 1-4!

Squad 3, Do an analysis of the horrible, aspergers-drenched yellow fever that leads to people believing in "dim mak"!

Ready...Go!

I'll do the rest.

Now that i've deployed my fight short wearing, iron pumping legions of doom, i'd like to tell you the main point of my story.

There.

Is.

No.

Such.

Thing.

As.

A.

Death.

Touch.

None.

In addition to the numerous "death touch" claimants being beat down in the abovementioned easily downloadable videos, the fact that there are no medical mechanisms by which such a thing could work under the stress of fighting and the lack of millions of unexplained deaths a year due to people accidentally hitting themselves or others in these "points" (ESPECIALLY in combat sports) should be enough to convince you.

If not, well, ashida kim is always taking new students.

#108325 - 05/10/05 02:23 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Hedgehogey]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
I always appreciate a smart ass And you do it better than many! I chuckled for minutes!

Problem is, sometimes Smart-asses leave out the smart.

You were doing great right up to the medical mechanisms and the millions of deaths part( I'm not too bright myself or I could figure out a way to make this machine quote you).

There are thousands of deaths every year in the US alone (You don't want to be bothered with the world wide numbers) involving people being killed inexplicably by touch,grab,push,light blunt force,etc.

There are medical mechanisms that do work under the stress of fighting or adrenaline dump, which ever you prefer.

This in no way gives credance to death touch proponents. Nor does it take away from Hedgehogey. It is what it is!

I understand completely. I never like the facts to get in the way of a good example, especially when I'm trying to be a smart-ass

Page

P.S Do you have Ashida Kims phone number?

#108326 - 05/10/05 05:22 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Telepath]
underdog Offline
Veteran

Loc: Mansfield, MA U.S.A.
I'd have to recommend what I study. My school is associated with Kyusho International (kyusho.com). I believe this is a very strong way to study because:

We practice everything IN MOTION. It is no longer appropriate to practice in a static manner. It has limited value in terms of learning point location angle and direction, but no martial value. Drills in motion is the way to learn.

Secondly, we are moving away from traditional Chinese medicine explanations for what we do. K.I. has empirical research in modern western medicine explaining what we do and that it is safe. Safety of the practitioners is job #1. One of my best training experiences this year, for example, was to go to a medical college where one of the doctors in KI arranged for us to view a cadaver and see the anatomy of the arm from neck to below the wrist, and see our pressure points.

Thirdly, healing is a part of EVERY lesson. No one should practice pressure points without healing. If you can't heal what you have hurt then you are not respecting your uke and are behaving in an unethical manner.

Fourthly, one doesn't have to abandon one's school or style to study Kyusho. It is something that can be added to the style you've spent years working on. You don't have to start all over again.

#108327 - 05/10/05 07:43 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: BuDoc]
Hedgehogey Offline

Quote:

You were doing great right up to the medical mechanisms and the millions of deaths part( I'm not too bright myself or I could figure out a way to make this machine quote you).

Click on the quote button. Or type [ quote] at the beggining of the text you want quote and [ /quote] at the end, without the spaces.

Quote:

There are thousands of deaths every year in the US alone (You don't want to be bothered with the world wide numbers) involving people being killed inexplicably by touch,grab,push,light blunt force,etc.

Really? By what mechanisms? Are these reported in legitimate medical journals? Because you would think that this would be a matter of urgency for doctors.

That's an addition to the fact that MMAists and other people involved in combat sports get struck all over their bodies with HARD force, and yet there has been only one death (due to a preexisting medical condition, with a fighter who never should have been allowed to fight) in the history of MMA.

In fact, if it were possible to kill someone with moderate force, going to a massage parlor would mean risking your life (actually, you do risk getting crabs at certain parlors, but that's another story).

Quote:

P.S Do you have Ashida Kims phone number?

Ninjas don't have phone numbers.

#108328 - 05/10/05 07:47 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: underdog]
Hedgehogey Offline

Quote:

I'd have to recommend what I study. My school is associated with Kyusho International (kyusho.com). I believe this is a very strong way to study because:

You do realize that there is a video floating around the web of a K.I. instructor being unable to use a single "pressure point" attack against a tiny female reporter AND a BJJ student?

Quote:

We practice everything IN MOTION. It is no longer appropriate to practice in a static manner. It has limited value in terms of learning point location angle and direction, but no martial value. Drills in motion is the way to learn.

Is this accompanied by hard sparring? If so, how is it done?

Quote:

Secondly, we are moving away from traditional Chinese medicine explanations for what we do. K.I. has empirical research in modern western medicine explaining what we do and that it is safe.

In what peer reviewed medical journals has this been published?

#108329 - 05/10/05 08:50 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Hedgehogey]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Can you post the video?

#108330 - 05/10/05 11:23 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: SANCHIN31]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
I practice and believe that kyusho jutsu works. I do NOT believe in Dillman. Both are based on my experiences, not prevailing public opinion.

Hedgehogey is correct in that Mr. Dillman has been unable to perform certain claimed feats of Kyusho "on the spot". I do not have the video to support this, however I know that it is out there.

I do not have an axe to grind with Mr. Dillman. There have been many things that he has done very well. I don't believe kyusho jutsu is one of them.

There are many accomplished practioners out there, probably that you have never heard of. They like it that way

Page

#108331 - 05/11/05 12:54 PM Re: Dim Mak [Re: Hedgehogey]
AgenT Offline

Combat sports, thats a contridiction there is no such thing. Combat is kill or be killed, thats mainly why it tends to refer to weapons, mma isnt and sports isnt, get that straight. Dimmak and kyusho does work, an example of a dimmak strike would be a strike to the throat with a shuto, no gloves or safety equipment to pad the strike, that can and will kill if done right from causing the attackers throat to swell---------THATS DIMMAK. Another example would be a technique in military combatives that involves throwing the attacker to the ground and kicking him in the temple(a dimmak point) or stomping on this throat<-------------THATS DIMMAK . Another factor to why there arent deaths in most competitions, that would ummmm lets see maybe safety equipment such as gloves and such to cushion strikes, and maybe the fact that the athletes arent there to kill each other. In boxing people get knocked out from solar plexus strikes and jaw strikes all the time which are possiable dimmak points if enough force is used, and if the boxers can knock out with gloves on what do you think a professional could do without them on. Dimmak does exist and it does work, no it isnt a touch or a pinch or rubbing a point to kill a person. It is mainly methods of striking or crushing areas to kill or disable. If you still dont believe in dimmak ask any judge or lawyer about one hit homicide it does exist and happened around here as a matter of fact a guy punched another in the side of the head and caused a clot to form that killed him..............thats dimmak.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga