FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#108203 - 10/01/04 10:33 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey...

first of all u should relax; too many kids go sign up for a martial arts class bcuz they r gettin' bullied or picked on.what martial arts was orignally designed for was discipline and every1 should know this. what I say is for ur protection.If u go sign up for a martial arts class there r 3 outcomes.1:u would get into a fight and panick do to ur lack of exp.2:u would win the fight and end up bcoming the bully or 3:u can put ur true skills to the test and avoid all fighting whatsoever.I never understood why people want to fight other people.I can understand for sport but this is ridiculous.u should avoid fight at all costs violence just begets violence.if u do get into a fight walk away that is the ultimate way to live be not bothered by any outside experiences but focus on the path ahead of you.BUT IF YOU HAVE TO FIGHT what u should do is work on ur speed so u can dodge ur oppponents atks and leave him stumped as to ur skill that way u impress every1 and u dont have to lay a finger on ne1

plz take my advice.Its the way the world should be run...

#108204 - 11/19/04 10:20 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ed Glasheen:
Try this, punch him in the face first and then kick him in the groin. That will work. The problem is not the target, but your telegraphed move. The groin is VERY easy to attack. In a couple of days I will have an example on my web site. Check out what I mean. There are many different ways to attack vital strike points besides the obvious.Ed www.lonewolfjujutsu.com [/QUOTE]

ok unless your in a ****en life or death situation don't ****in kick them in the balls, i hate faggits like you that tell people 2 kick them in the balls, if u do that ur gunna get ur ass jumped and look like a little pussy, fight like a man don't b a little woman and kick them in the balls

#108205 - 11/30/04 05:14 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Battersap2

"ok unless your in a ****en life or death situation don't ****in kick them in the balls, i hate faggits like you that tell people 2 kick them in the balls, if u do that ur gunna get ur ass jumped and look like a little pussy, fight like a man don't b a little woman and kick them in the balls"

I back that up 100%. Kicking someone in the balls is a sign of weakness, and should only ONLY be ur last resort.

#108206 - 11/30/04 05:28 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, limit your techniques. What happens in the UFC? What will most martial arts and self defense instructors say?

You will get yourself flogged, and the muggers won't care about chivalry when you are down, I think they will be quite comfortable to kick you when you are down, head, back, groin, all legitiamte targets.

#108207 - 11/30/04 05:37 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

PS

An grammatically challenged child like you has some nerve telling a HTH combat instructor and veteran commando not to kick to the groin in a fight. Ask him about real combat, and being scared. I am sure Ed will tell you what it's really about.

PS What gives you the right to call other people here pussies? Some of them are MMA trainers and martial artists for 30-40 years. Ignorant fool.

#108208 - 12/04/04 08:49 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]There is no surefire pressure point you can use against someone. at most I can say that there's a 85% chance of it working each time. [/QUOTE]

You can attack the solar plexus,the kidneys and the liver.They are all types of pressure point.To say there is only 85% chance of it working is utter nonesense.

If you get punched in the solar plexus you'll drop.
The liver is harder to hit because its placed near the ribcage but if you are hit there also you will go down.
The kidneys does not need explaining.If you get hit hard enough on either side you'll be passing blood for a day or two.
Thighs,throat and behind the kness are pressure points.

People think a pressure point is something you just press with your baby finger and your opponent/aggressor just turns into a heap of jelly and falls on the floor but its simply not the case.There are hidden points but the ones I have mentioned work just as well when it comes to immobilizing a threat.

[This message has been edited by Karl (edited 12-04-2004).]

#108209 - 12/13/04 02:33 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all,

Just my second post here, so am a newbie in these parts. My 2 cents here:

Totally with York Karate.

The DKI is a very important organization in the spreading of PP knowledge in the West. Dillman and his instructors (of which I have trained with Evan Pantazi) are fantastic martial artists.

SOOO many people jump on the PP bandwagon and think they know what they are doing, even start teaching it!!!

1. If someone only mentions body parts, i.e "there's one on the temple", theu DO NOT know PP's. PRESSURE POINTS, not VITAL POINTS, just as York Karate has stated. PP's are junctions on meridians an are annotated by the meridian name and a number e.g. TW-17 (cos I love that point!).

2. Baigin, yes these points can TOTALLY be mapped scientifically. That's what acupuncture is based on!!! The meridian system is very much mapped and concrete, and soon, Qi flow, in its bioelectric state will be proved medically also.

3. The more complex systems of 5 elements (Wu-Xing), polarity, sound projection, NTKO's etc are harder to grasp, but totally exist.

There's too much info on Dim Mak/Dian Xue/Kyusho-Jitsu to put it all down, but THAT is real PP work, and is what has been issing from real Karate for years after WWII.

Mark.

#108210 - 12/20/04 03:19 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nobody ****s around with me at school.

I teach Marines how to fight and i make these 200lbs guys, all muscle and are 6'6" cry like 2 year olds. (No exageration)

Email me

Jack Stone

#108211 - 12/20/04 09:38 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

200lbs, 6'6 and all muscle?

What 0% bodyfat? Or not much muscle?

#108212 - 01/30/05 10:22 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Anonymous
Unregistered

instead of presure points bash him in the face with something [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga