FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#108153 - 06/10/03 03:51 PM HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Judokid Offline

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!I love learning the Martial Arts. Though now I am concentrating on Judo, I want to work on many different skills, including pressure points, for use in REAL self- defense situations. If possible, I would like to do so without having to buy everything, especially since I already did and I have a limited income. Can anyone PLEASE give me the name of good web sites that will teach me more than my current, basic knowledge of pressure points(location, effects, tutorials, etc.) for Free? Where can I find FREE charts that detail which points are lethal and which ones are just painful? I once found such a site, but now whenever I try to find it again, I am bombarded by links for books, acupuncturist, and Dillman seminar links. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!

#108154 - 06/10/03 04:27 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
My Advice

Pay for the seminars or find a qualified instructor. Tell me where you are and I will be glad to recommend one in your area. Many are willing to work with restictive budgets for those who truly wish to learn. Free e-books are about as valuable as what you pay for them.

We have all put in out dues, paid out monies and went thru a ton of pain (and sometimes unconciousness to get where we are). You sound young, slow down and master the basic techniques, then get some training from a good instructor.

(off soap box now)

Scott

#108155 - 06/12/03 11:03 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: flemington,nj,usa
I agree SLOW DOWN, this is not sport karate it can and will cause sever results. There is more than the points,there is the 5 element and yin yang theory that makes the point work. The only way is to attend classes/seminars. The books / charts will only help if you are taking hands-on training.
What books/videos/charts do you have I see the DILLMANS ones around however the KNOCKOUTS seems to be his focus and IMHO they are good to demo with willing UKE'S, however in a real fight very hard to use. WWW.DRAGONSOCIETY.COM has a great book called "50 techniques" that breaksdown effective moves and explains all the things that make it work it might help some.
Remember points do not work the same on all people. Ever watch " HOWARD STERN" They had a guy called himself DR ORGASIM, He claimed he could make women get off by touching points. Did not work on the few women he tried. His name is Mark Kline and is a DILLMAN 7TH DEGREE he knows the points and does great knockouts , My point is the preassure points are not the total package.
KEMPOMAN said " You sound young, slow down and master the basic techniques, then get some training from a good instructor."
Take this advice he speaks the truth and I agree 1000000%.

#108156 - 06/13/03 07:12 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Judokid Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kempoman:
My Advice

Pay for the seminars or find a qualified instructor. Tell me where you are and I will be glad to recommend one in your area. Many are willing to work with restictive budgets for those who truly wish to learn. Free e-books are about as valuable as what you pay for them.

We have all put in out dues, paid out monies and went thru a ton of pain (and sometimes unconciousness to get where we are). You sound young, slow down and master the basic techniques, then get some training from a good instructor.

(off soap box now)

Scott
[/QUOTE]

Yes, you were correct, Kempoman- I am young. Hwever, I do take the martial arts more seriously than many adults. You see, i have had close calls with huge kids who wanted to pick a fights with me. Nearly all the kids in my grade are bigger, stronger, and more experienced fighters. I am a yer younger than most of tese kids, and they have no reason to fear a weakling like me; even though I weight train, they are nearly all stronger than me. One kid that i am particularly sure I will end up having to tangle with is so tall that i could definitely not punch him in the head in a fight, and he is an experienced boxer I am afraid of fighting, and many times i have been beaten up, then hated myself for not hitting back due to my fear of getting hit and my lack of experience in fighting. I have never won a fight, and enrolling in a reality- based program is not a possibility. However, I plan on wrestling in High School, and studying boxing and aiki-jujutsu next year in addition to my Judo. i think that the mental issues of combat are more pressing for me. Fear paralyses me. How can i train myself to use adrenalin to my advantage, instread of it becoming my enemy? I am in a vicious cycle: every time i promise myself that next time, when a kid tries to beat me up tha,t i will defend myself, I don't when the time comes. Please Help me, and sorry if this is too long.

#108157 - 06/16/03 09:37 AM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
Judokid,

E-mail me privately. I will give you some techs that you can use that will help.

SCott

#108158 - 06/17/03 07:56 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Judokid Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kempoman:
Judokid,

E-mail me privately. I will give you some techs that you can use that will help.

SCott
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the offer!!! Much appreciated. However, I am EXTREMELY limited on time. Please cut and paste the info into the forum so that we can all benefit!!!!!!!When I have a few spare seconds, I'll look for the info on the forum. Thanks again, don't mean to be impolite!!

#108159 - 06/17/03 09:45 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
The answer to all of your problems is twofold:

1) Train seriously
2) Have the Patience and Endurance to accomplish and forever continue #1

And remember, you (like myself, a 16 year old) are still maturing. You may be a weakling now, but you wont be forever. I was heavily picked on in my younger years, and then I got bigger and started in various martial arts. Now I am very confident in my ability.

Everybody feels fear before a fight, your in the "fight or flight" state of mind, and this is a natural response. What you will learn to control (through training) is how you react to your fear, and eventually the fear will be replaced by a calm clarity and acceptance of dangerous situations. You will find a confidence in yourself you probably didn't know you could have.

But this will only come if you follow the two instructions stated above.

#108160 - 06/17/03 09:48 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Ender Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I also offer any adivce privately, my e-mail is die_for_your_government889@hotmail.com

but, if this is not convenient for you, I can continue to post it on this forum.

#108161 - 06/19/03 05:27 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Judokid Offline

Thanks, everyone for the help so far!!!!

#108162 - 06/22/03 01:06 PM Re: HELP!!!!!! Learning Pressure Points
Ed Glasheen Offline
Veteran

Loc: Newburgh,NY,USA
Judo kid. A quick lesson. Try to focous on a few vital points.
1.Groin. Need I say more?
2.Vegas nerve. Runs parallel to the carotid artery. Strike here with your forearm or knife edge and you will stun if not knock out your opponent.
3.Rear gaglion nerve.Back of the neck. A good forarm shot here will knock out your opponent
4.Throat. Dangerous but no weight lifter I know has been able to strengthen this area.
In the future my web site will cover these techniques. Please be patient It's new. Ed www.lonewolfjujutsu.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga