FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#107453 - 04/03/05 12:27 AM Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Starting from the middle:
Move the right foot forward into right Zenkutsu Dachi while the right hand scoops in front of the right knee,followed by a left downward palm strike over the right hand.Next,execute a left Mae Geri followed by a right Mae Geri,moving forward and keeping the hands crossed.As the foot lands into right Zenkutsu Dachi,execute a right Hiji Ate and a left Gedan Tsuki.
I am interested in hearing different bunkai for these moves.

#107454 - 04/03/05 12:48 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

What the hell is a haji ate?

#107455 - 04/03/05 11:40 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Upward elbow strike.

#107456 - 04/03/05 11:50 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mark:
hehe..he said 'Hiji Ate' buy the video about it here: http://www.all-karate.com/vt_elbow_hiji_ate.php

Sanchin:
Two variations of bunkai for this sequence.
The sequence has 2 seperate opponents.

---------------------
"Move the right foot forward into right Zenkutsu Dachi while the right hand scoops in front of the right knee,followed by a left downward palm strike over the right hand. execute a left Mae Geri followed by a right Mae Geri,moving forward and keeping the hands crossed"

1st opponent - opponent does right mae-geri.
variation a) step slightly to left (outside of kick) and strike knee with palm perpendicular to leg. kick twice to the groin.
or
b) step to the inside of kick block/trapping calf of leg in an open hand chamber lock (ie under armpit), strike to the knee, 2 groin kicks and then execute a leg takedown by strike/guide to the inside of the knee.
warning: This one has the danger of getting kicked in the armpit if your timing is even slightly off. it hurts.

-------------
"As the foot lands into right Zenkutsu Dachi,execute a right Hiji Ate and a left Gedan Tsuki"

2nd opponent - does a right chudan tsuki while stepping into right zenkutsu dachi (I call this 'the kamikazi waza'.) followed by a left gyaku-zuki.

a) parry with right Hiji Ate (exposes your right side kidneys). (opponent punches) do left Gedan Tsuki with just enough body twist to cover the incomming attack with your arm (which is still in the Hiji Ate configuration). The blow you receive to the arm (if any) is negligible when your timing is right.
b) I only mention this one because it was taught during a seminar from a respected student of Morio Higaonna.
Parry incomming punch with left hand while simultaneously striking under the chin with a rising elbow. right gedan uke for next defense while chambering left, left gyaku zuki to solar plexis.

don't forget too that this sequence (all variations, has a leg sweep and low kick to finish of the second opponent)

hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by kara-atama (edited 04-03-2005).]

#107457 - 04/03/05 11:56 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should mention that in this case, the Hiji Ate is a dual purpose "Hiji suri uke" and strike to the elbow using your forearm.

[This message has been edited by kara-atama (edited 04-03-2005).]

#107458 - 04/04/05 06:29 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the first technique befor the double mae-geri, you could pull at the anckle and push sideway's just above the knee of trapped leg. It will make your adversary fall.

The hiji ate could also be applied on the outside of apponents attacking arm, blocking jodan oi-zuki and driving you elbow in his ribs besides the nipple. The gyaku-zuki could be placed a bit lower into LIV13.

Regarding double mae-geri. Some execute it as mae tobi geri. It is said that Kanryo Higaonna teached it with a mae toby geri and is still found in Toon Ryu of Kyoda Juhatsu. A senior instructor I know still performs it with mae tobi geri and says it is 'the old way'. Modern goju ryu usually does double mae-geri. Do any of you do mae tobi geri in the kata? What about it's application?

[This message has been edited by CVV (edited 04-04-2005).]

#107459 - 04/04/05 08:43 AM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks CVV, I never saw that done with mae toby geri, but it makes sense. It would probably be more of a skip than a full blown toby geri since it's close in and to the groin.
That's cool though...thanks again.

#107460 - 04/04/05 03:28 PM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

I understand that the rising elbow could be an arm break, other hand holding wrist at "chamber" while elbow strikes just behind elbow.

#107461 - 04/04/05 03:37 PM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SANCHIN31:
I understand that the rising elbow could be an arm break, other hand holding wrist at "chamber" while elbow strikes just behind elbow.[/QUOTE]

but it's on the wrong side of the arm for that, the elbow of the opponent would just bend and give. remember, you are on the inside of the opponents space.

besides, if you were holding that wrist, how would you do the follow-up punch without the opponents arm getting in the way?

This is my first time attempting bunkai thru text...it's harder than I thought. I hope my efforts will do more good than harm for you. In any case, make sure you do your research and don't take my word for it.
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#107462 - 04/04/05 03:49 PM Re: Sanseru bunkai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your replies.
If you are on the inside it would work if you had his left wrist in your left hand(chamber) striking upward on the back of his left elbow with your right arm.After the break is executed let go of the wrist for the follow up punch.
Do you practice pressure point strikes as bunkai?
It it hard to understand and interpret through text.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga