FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Zombie Zero 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#104734 - 04/21/02 08:46 AM What about in-house gradings?
cho cho-san Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Aust
What are your thoughts on groups who form bodies, have their immediate family, relatives, and students as members who then get graded by their own body and its executuve board on which they hold the postion of Technical Director???

Is this traditional???

Check out the TKF site at:-
http://austkf.homestead.com/

Is this for real and how can it be called traditional???

Are the simply "wolves in sheeps clothing?" or Lambert the sheepish lion???

#104735 - 04/26/02 09:19 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
Madam Butterfly Offline

Loc: WA
Cho Cho San, we meet again, Well it is fine if you come from the same group who invites an instructor to stay at your place then turn around and charge them. It is all about learning the art of Moneykan which originated from the well known style of HunGreedSun, if you know what I am talking about. Martail Arts is not what it used to be there is alot of money hungry people out there who have no morals.

#104736 - 05/22/02 07:44 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
soyoukan Offline

Loc: UK
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Madam Butterfly:
Cho Cho San, we meet again, Well it is fine if you come from the same group who invites an instructor to stay at your place then turn around and charge them. It is all about learning the art of Moneykan which originated from the well known style of HunGreedSun, if you know what I am talking about. Martail Arts is not what it used to be there is alot of money hungry people out there who have no morals. [/QUOTE]

its not confined to the martial arts.... but in the case of the MA's it proves these people have learnt very little about "martial arts", because they obviously still have their huge "egos" and have not learnt about humility and respect....

just my opinion.

#104737 - 05/22/02 08:59 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
MrVigerous Offline
Former Administrator

Large associational martial arts, if i can call it that is a great big pyramid sales enterprise. At the bottom sit all the junior grades who get fleeced by the junior Dan grades, who in turn get fleeced by the senior Dan grades who ultimately bend over and take it from the head honcho at the top. More often than not, any experienced talent within such an organisation resides between 2nd and 5th Dan and anyone above that is either (a) a decrepid old has been who gets grades over the telephone or by going to dodgy meetings or (b)is the master himself - master not of martial arts i hasten to add, but of squeezing every last drop of cash out of his money making enterprise. He is often has some joke title like "Professor" or "Master" has a nominal 8/9/10 Dan in a variety of Arts and in actuality couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag unless faced by his dutiful uki in demonstration "seminars" (fund raisers) who he generaly cripples to prove how great he is. Know this! In general if you are a small cog in a big association you are paying far too much for everything and showing undue respect to abject cretins with large ego's and bigger wallets, but ulitimately no talent to speak of what so ever.

Regds
Mr V (NOT a member of a large association !)

#104738 - 05/22/02 09:00 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
MrVigerous Offline
Former Administrator

This is way off topic btw

#104739 - 06/14/02 02:28 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
Seishan Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cho cho-san:
What are your thoughts on groups who form bodies, have their immediate family, relatives, and students as members who then get graded by their own body and its executuve board on which they hold the postion of Technical Director???

Is this traditional???

Check out the TKF site at:-
http://austkf.homestead.com/

Is this for real and how can it be called traditional???

Are the simply "wolves in sheeps clothing?" or Lambert the sheepish lion???

[/QUOTE]

And then posted by Ron Goninan:

What are your thoughts on those who make up a Bo kata using the Heian forms and then call it Kobudo???
Would it not be better to attempt to study a traditional and established form or Bo kata instead of being too lazy, making one up in a hodge podge fashion and then adding it to th myriad of made-up forms already out there?

Is not the traditional bo Kata good enough?

What are your thoughts?

Dear Ron,

What was that about by your hand ye shall be damned [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]) I understand your motivation, I hope you feel better now. What a hoot [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

regards,
Bob McMahon

#104740 - 06/14/02 11:54 PM Re: What about in-house gradings?
Tsuruken Offline

Loc: Australia
Bob,

I have no connection to "Cho Cho San", "Madam Butterfly" or any of those posts and I would think that would be good enough. My post concerning Bo kata was just that and was simply to start discussion as it was a point myself and Frank Palmirei had discussed and I was interested in the "wider view".

Please refrain from "finger pointing" based upon the postings and or possible politics of others as it serves no reall value or purpose.

Best wishes,

Ron

#104741 - 06/15/02 06:26 AM Re: What about in-house gradings?
Seishan Offline

Hi Ron,

No harm done,
All the best,

Bob

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tsuruken:
Bob,

I have no connection to "Cho Cho San", "Madam Butterfly" or any of those posts and I would think that would be good enough. My post concerning Bo kata was just that and was simply to start discussion as it was a point myself and Frank Palmirei had discussed and I was interested in the "wider view".

Please refrain from "finger pointing" based upon the postings and or possible politics of others as it serves no reall value or purpose.

Best wishes,

Ron

[/QUOTE]

#104742 - 06/15/02 07:48 PM Re: What about in-house gradings?
Tsuruken Offline

Loc: Australia
No problem Bob,

I guess the turn of phrase used in my post reminded you of these "stirrers". I can see now how you could make such a connection. Let me assure you that I have better things to do then to play such stupid and childish politics and to enage in such rubbish.

No harm done.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga