FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10456 - 09/04/03 12:14 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to help you out -Mai Thai.

I don't know if people have come to realize this..............
Many arts of the modern arts like Hapkido, Jeet Kune Do, and others that have done well in the UFC and so one consist of Mai Thai techniques and principles.

Even Mai Thai itself is doing well in todays all out mixed martial art tournaments.

Many mixed martial arts competitors are incorporating Main Thai techniques especially the Mai Thai kick.

-Shotokan

[This message has been edited by Shotokan (edited 09-04-2003).]

#10457 - 09/04/03 03:20 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Selim Offline

You spelt Muay Thai wrongly.

#10458 - 12/26/04 08:23 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

MuayThai - You stated that Thailand is the home of Muay Thai. While I think due to marketing and funds Thailand is indeed the home of Muay Thai, I think some Cambodians would beg to differ with where Muay Thai originated from. As there are signs of the arts of the Angkor Wat, it is the contention of the Cambodians the art was actually developed by them and stolen by the Thais. I personally don't know what I believe but Muay Thai is wht it is today because of the Thais.

#10459 - 12/26/04 08:44 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MuayThai:
and I hope maybe you even try a little Muay Thai out.
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I wish...you have NO IDEA how much I wish...

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/frown.gif[/IMG]

Thanks for the history lesson, very interesting.

#10460 - 12/26/04 10:32 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i plan to visit the rawai muay thai camp 45 mins from phuket in mid 06 to train for two months. i have been studying muay thai for a limited amount of time but have fallen in love with the style and the simplistic but devistating techniques..

#10461 - 12/27/04 12:28 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been teetering on the edge of indecision for quite some time, buddy. Muay Thai seems like the choice I'll veer towards, though. Tell me, do I have to fear for mcmuay thai gyms, as one would have to fear for mcdojos?? Thats whats really keeping me from any other MA, is the idea of being stuck with some half-wit quack of kung fu, with an e-bay certificate. Is the same problem present in Muay Thai??

And I'm sure you know of atleast one excellent Muay Thai Website ...slap it on me.

Thanks,
-Ket

[This message has been edited by Ket (edited 12-27-2004).]

#10462 - 12/28/04 04:35 AM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

KET-...i dont know of any trainers in your area but heres a website for you to checkout www.rawaimuaythai.com

it would be great to always train at this place since it has 8 thai trainers who have been fighting in muay thai since the age of 6-8.

#10463 - 12/28/04 10:18 AM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

That looks fantastic! ...I think i've made my decision, Lol. Muay Thai it is.

Have any of you attended this gym, that might be able to answer a few questions I have???

-Ket

#10464 - 12/28/04 12:08 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thnks for the info about the art and also about your own back ground. It seems the wastern world is finally starting to realize what asia has known all along, muay thai is not just a ring sport. It is a fully developed MA.
Do you know any thing of the ground techniques? I have never seen any of that stuff.
I too went to Bangkok, not to train but with the navy. I wish I could go back to train ...
I did go to a match there just to watch, I did no MA then but a bit of "drunken boxing". Man I could not believe the conditioning of these fighters. The amount of punishment they could take, as you said, litteraly they are like wood.

#10465 - 12/28/04 08:34 PM Re: Muay Chao Chur
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ket:
That looks fantastic! ...I think i've made my decision, Lol. Muay Thai it is.

Have any of you attended this gym, that might be able to answer a few questions I have???

-Ket
[/QUOTE]

i plan to attend it in a year but i posted a topic here about who has atteneded here and i dont think anyone has heard of it before, but perhaps when muaythai gets back on here he may be able to offer some insight.

also if u scroll down the bottom of the page on the left there is an icon saying whether there online or offline..if it says online click on that and you can chat directly to one of the trainers there

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga