FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Matakiant 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#102109 - 03/31/05 05:32 PM Re: Losing control of your rage
Anonymous
Unregistered

we need emotinal contact. not anger!
-you know

[This message has been edited by sun-tzu (edited 03-31-2005).]

#102110 - 03/31/05 05:55 PM Re: Losing control of your rage
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am 16 as well, and have been in a couple of scraps. When I was younger I dicoverd that I had a deadly temper so I have managed to control it. About 2 years ago I started mma training. In short no I have never lost my temper in a fight. In sword fighting a good fighter is said to have no emotion. Others may have differing opinions but I see losing your temper as a sign of weakness. Case in point my friend (who has taken boxing for 2 years), his brother, and I, were playing basket ball. His brother did somthing to make him mad, when I stepped in he took a swing at me. Long and short of it, I steppped back from the wild punches, and when he over extended I tapped one in on his head. After about three to the head, he stopped we made up and life went on. I have seen this in my mma traning as well. To sum it up, a level headed fighter can pick you apart easly so try to calm it down.

PS-Come on if we all worked on it just a little, maby every body could get along a little better. From road rage to small misunderstandings that may esclate.

*be like water*

#102111 - 04/01/05 07:29 PM Re: Losing control of your rage
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're normal. I've lost it once. A bully was tormenting me for a whole freakin simester and 1 day... I coulden't take anymore. I launched a palm strike to his chest (knocking him 2-4ft back) and before I could throw a left hook to the face my friends grabbed my arm and yanked my back. (Thank god my friends held me back, he would most likely have a black eye) So it's normal.

#102112 - 04/02/05 12:06 AM Re: Losing control of your rage
Anonymous
Unregistered

Violence is the very last resort in my case. And even when it seems like all other options have been spent, the guy has already started pushing, getting ready to throw punches, I still hesitate. I just don't see the need. I'm 5'3, 130lbs. I got picked on a LOT throughout grade and high school. I've figured out that usually the biggest guys are the easiest to deal with, the moment I step up for myself or don't back down when they threaten me, they get confused and go away. Works like a charm.

I've only been in a few fights throughout my years, and I wouldn't even call them "fights". None lasted more than 30 seconds, and in one case I didn't even fight back. This story I will now relate:

Halloween, don't remember exactly when, Sophmore year probably (I'm 19 now for reference). Me and some buddies were chillin at one of their houses, when we looked down the street and saw some kids tp ing a house. It was some old guy's house who was incapable of cleaning it up, so one of my buddies said, "hey, go over there and scare em off". So I (stupidly) walked over there alone, and yelled in my deepest voice possible "hey you kds, cut that crap out!" I walked right up to one of them, who was shorter than me, and tried to scare him, saying, "you wanna clean this crap up tomorrow, HUH?!!". Well he said nothing, looked like it worked, he looked pretty scared. But then a kid the same height as me walked up and started talkin the typical trash talk. I said absolutely nothing and as he started pushing me, I started to back away, still didn't say anything. Well, then he took a swing at me, a really awkward one too, he swung down at my head. Well I was in shock or somethin, didn't fight back, just stood there and let it happen. He took a couple more shots which I blocked using my training, and then I decided to end this charade and took one big step back and got into a cat stance and got ready to fight back. Problem was there was a curb behind me...tripped, fell, and he was on top of me. He took a couple more shots that landed, asked if I had enough, and for lack of a better answer I said, "Ummm, I guess so". He got up and their crew left, minus a few unused rolls of tp. 10 seconds after my friends arrived to my rescue (lol) and asked what happened, blah blah blah.

Point here being I never even fought back, I only used defensive tactics, even though I could have pummeled the kid. I wasn't angry, and I had every right to be angry at the little punk. It was only after he had already hit me, and I had already blocked several more of his attempts to hit me that I decided I was going to hit back.

Other situations were similar, where I was completely calm and assumed a defensive nature as opposed to fighting back, in all cases I knew the person was unarmed and had no MA experience (school fights with kids I knew).

Point here being anger is what starts fights, not what helps you end them, and even after someone has hit me, I have managed to back away, and "surrendered" to them, and they left and there was no need to go on.

Mind you these are pretty unique situations as well, and should not be taken as the "krane" technique of self-defense.

As Mr. Dunn stated, "this is a disgrace". I completely agree. I've become calmer with my training, because
1. I learned fights are completely unpredictable
2. I know, in most cases, that I could beat the ever lovin sht out of the guy, but then, what's the point of that?
3. People who won the fight because I backed down didn't gain anything, and I didn't lose anything, so why fight?

Anger and MA's don't mix IMO.

P.S.......BUMP!!!......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga