FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT, sagat
22914 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
AndyLA 2
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
Today at 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
Today at 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/07/14 07:01 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
Forum Stats
22914 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432494 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#101422 - 03/24/05 12:49 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blackninja wrote
its obvious you guys have never been in a situation with a gun pointed at you. If you practice first with a rubber gun, then a squirt gun, then a plastic bb airsoft gun, to a paintball gun, to a metal bb airsoft gun, and if you can a gun with simunition, the actual thing isn't really that scary. Actually go to a range, get a semi-auto handgun grab the barrel tight and pull the trigger, if u do it right u wont be pinched by the slide and the heat of the gun wont be unbearably painful. and only one bullet will discharge. I have used these techniques more than once with a real gun pointed at me, these moves actual work. most of which i got from krav maga try these moves then critique them, otherwise be quite so u dont get people killed. Magon signed

I don't understand why the disbelife or thoughts that this is improbable.
Police dept and Military train for this event.

The incident happens how many of you guys have had a gun pulled on you or shot at. The times that I have as a 16-35yr old I escaped by running or staying still. Weather it been a Cop or assailant. Several time after training I have been close enough to think about what I might do if he gets a little closer. And as a Patrolmen I've arm barred a gun out a thugs hand coming out toward my partner.

The point I'm trying to make is if you train for these situations on both sides of the gun, with various scenarios you know what the possibilities are.

I've shot at moving people and been shot at while moving, with a handgun its not easy but its possible to hit a moving target in the open just like you can when shooting a fast moving Jack rabbit.

At close range you don't need to line up the sights and you can't move fast enough once the rounds fired to get out the way. Most gun experts teach and train 2 ways at mid-long range they use the sights but 15-3 yards
in you just point the barrel using the front sight or what they call instinct shooting.

By the way by training with airsoft guns you can see that taking the slide out of chamber will move the hammer so it can't make contact the firing pin, just like it does the real gun and it can't be fired unless its rechambered. This move along with a eye strike/groin slap/tip of the chin/throat strike could subdue the assailant. The safest and fastest is to redirect the gun while you move out of the line of fire.

As for having the gun when the cops arrive. With the slide open, magazine on the ground, the gun on the ground in infront of you or at your heel, your hands up in the air or against the wall, visible won't get you shot? The main thing is you don't want the assailant gaining access to the gun before the cops are in control of the scene.

My point is if you never train for these situation you won't know how to respond.

Be advised that the Air Soft handguns bbs only go 240-320fps which can help at close range and sting leaving whelps inside 10 yards. But out past 15-20yards you can acutally move out of the bbs way. Still if you don't have cover you will get shot. It is the imo one of the best nonlethal way to train gun counters, blanks have killed upclose. If you mess up you are hit and it hurts, wear goggles. These things will go all the way thru lt. cardboards boxes or pop cans.

A lot of these defense are probable, you won't really know if it worked until you lived through it.

#101423 - 03/24/05 10:32 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If a person points a gun at your head and pauses it means that person is not entirely set on killing you which gives you a chance to discuss or divert their intentions.

Careful negotiations are the best way to deal with a hostile situation weather you are actually negotiating or causing a distraction the best thing to do is talk to them.

#101424 - 03/25/05 09:46 AM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neko456:
Blackninja wrote
its obvious you guys have never been in a situation with a gun pointed at you. If you practice first with a rubber gun, then a squirt gun, then a plastic bb airsoft gun, to a paintball gun, to a metal bb airsoft gun, and if you can a gun with simunition, the actual thing isn't really that scary. Actually go to a range, get a semi-auto handgun grab the barrel tight and pull the trigger, if u do it right u wont be pinched by the slide and the heat of the gun wont be unbearably painful. and only one bullet will discharge. I have used these techniques more than once with a real gun pointed at me, these moves actual work. most of which i got from krav maga try these moves then critique them, otherwise be quite so u dont get people killed. Magon sighed

I don't understand why the disbelife or thoughts that this is improbable.
Police dept and Military train for this event.
[/QUOTE]

The central idea is sound. The tone of the delivery could use some work, IMO.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga