FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#101372 - 02/18/05 03:32 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
sunspots Offline
oldtimer/newbie
Enthusiast

Loc: Southern Oregon, USA
Having been in that situation, I gave the man what he wanted, money from a convenience store I was working in. I wasn't about to risk my own life for a few bucks, and they were insured anyway. Gave me time enough to get a good look at the guy, give a full description of robber, gun, and vehicle, and they caught him about a hour later. I think it was the best possible outcome.

I may be faster than a gun, but no one is faster than a bullet. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#101373 - 02/18/05 04:01 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JoelAp_Self Protection:
MattJ,

Thank you so much for your support.
Well met my friend.

To the forum,

Please keep in mind this fact.
We do not have a bright red "S" on our chest.
We aren't bullet proof.
Hold up at gun point situations are not were anyone want to be.
If it is a hold up, you'll realize this in your ooda loop.
Observe what is happening.
He hasn't shot me yet.
Organize what you have at hand in your advantage.
My hands are up and close enough to effect the grab, my leg is close enough to kick his shin.
Decide on your couse of action.
If i'm going to do this...
Action implemented.
NOW!!!
This has to in a blink of the eye.

The criminal mind set is...
If he wanted to shoot you, he'd have already done so.
A hold up, is a threat of violence.
He wants something else instead of your life at that point.

So If the guys you train with don't hesitate, have them think in terms of the criminal. Else your training isn't preparing you right. You're heart and mind aren't racing and freezing at the same time (Adrenal dump), Because they aren't threatening you like a criminal would.
Have them add that aspect and you'll get even better prepared Oozuru.

I say that since it sounds like your training partners aren't taking the senario seriously. Like they just want to squeeze the trigger no matter what.
Is that the case? Or am I completely off?
If the latter I apologize and keep doing what your doing.

Joel
[/QUOTE]

Close enough, they wouldn't hesitate IF I MESSED UP OR IF THEY SAW MY HAND COMMING.

#101374 - 02/18/05 04:30 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The most important thing to know about a gun technique is that if they wanted you dead you would be already. Seeing how the gun is in a threatening position they obviously want something from you. Also remember that your action is always faster then someone’s reaction…… also most hand guns wont fire if they cant recoil first. You need to grab the barrel of the gun and keep it off of you. That’s the foremost principle of any gun technique.

#101375 - 02/19/05 08:40 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ill just give him a ryouken

#101376 - 02/19/05 09:10 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont you people know ANYTHING??
You just plug up the barrel with your index finger.
Then if they try to shoot you the gun will explode in their face, turning it all black.
While they stand there dumbfounded you turn around and dive (yes, DIVE) into your rabbit hole, to finish off that last batch of carrots.

Duuhh

#101377 - 02/19/05 09:43 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard that often, when people are robbed at gunpoint, it is with a low-quality handgun that is not cocked. Hence, a quick second and a half for disarmament.

#101378 - 02/20/05 02:25 AM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
Take a marker out of your pocket, and stick it behind the gun's trigger, then it can't shoot! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

But seriously, if you are in that situation, get the gun pointed away from you fast as you can. Don't wrestle, don't attempt a flashy disarm, be completely still, then explode your hands onto his arm and push it into the air.

If this doesn't make him drop it, he will most likely start shooting it, THAT is the most critical time to keep the gun astray until it's empty. Count the shots.

Revolvers:
.38 - 5 Rounds
.357- 6 Rounds

Semi-Auto:
.45- 8 Rounds (9 if chambered)
9mm- 7-8 Rounds (+1 if chambered)

Those are the most common firearms used in attacks.

[This message has been edited by Chang Wufei (edited 02-21-2005).]

#101379 - 02/20/05 02:45 AM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now I’m not sure about this co correct me if I am wrong. That semi auto that you mentioned cant fire if you don’t let it recoil correct. So say you grab the barrel of the gun get it off of you it cant fire until you let it go. I know that most of my gun techniques end up breaking the persons finger and this would all be in vain if that wouldn’t work. I know that attacking a person with a fire arm is unexpected. That’s a advantage in my technique I would think that by breaking the finger it would press the trigger and I would get “caped ”

#101380 - 02/20/05 03:15 AM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
That's very true, but I was referring to diverting his arm by controlling it with his forearm, more leverage, and I think it would be a little too risky for me to actually grab the gun's barrel. Way too many "What If's", but it comes with a situation that involves a gun.

Damn gangbanger wannabes.

[This message has been edited by Chang Wufei (edited 02-20-2005).]

#101381 - 02/20/05 07:30 PM Re: Someone points a gun at your head, what do you do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd give him my wallet and try to buy my way out. your suggestions, although appreciated, would be plan B.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Cord, Dedicated1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga