body conditioning

Posted by: Anonymous

body conditioning - 04/11/05 02:22 AM

hi just want to know some of the different type of body conditioning and hardening you guys do

Re: body conditioning - 04/11/05 04:49 AM

I take advantage of my college's weight and cardio rooms. I also do alot of walking and jogging.

Re: body conditioning - 04/11/05 05:13 PM

Sparring is the best conditioner/hardener that I know of.

Re: body conditioning - 04/12/05 09:07 AM

Are you reffering to iron palm maybe?
There is also iron shirt which is for the body. Iron fore arm, Iron shins (not a technical term but done by Muai Thai).
And... (dont laugh) iron balls! (no joke)

Master Gray is one of the foremost authorities on the matter, find his iron palm book and it will tell you everything you need to know.
I have done hand conditioning (iron palm) for two years and the sh$$ works!
I cant tell you the methods in a paragraph because without adequate description you might misunderstand and hurt your body.
But look up Master Gray.
He knows what he is talking about as you will realise yourself. There are a lot of people that claim to know the secrets of iron palm but beware, you dont want to have mangled hands at the end of it.
One tip i can give you in the mean time is that you should not condition bone especially knuckles since you wont be able to write is a few years. Conditioning is streangthening the muscles (and that goes for all types) not killing your nerves like some people think.
Posted by: Alejandro

Re: body conditioning - 04/13/05 10:38 AM

In many styles of Okinawan Karate body conditioning (tanren) is performed. The most prominent, kote aite/ude tanren (foremarm strengthening/conditioning) involves absorbing impact to the forearms, slowly building up resilience over time.
Others include similar procedures to the legs and strikes to other parts of the body. An important point is that the parts of the body that are conditioned are those most likely to receive an impact. For a karate-ka, that area is foremost the forearms, with upper arms and areas of the torso following. Thus, according to the doctrine of Okinawan Karate (and common sense), areas such as the groin, underarms, neck/throat, and such areas are unnecessary and stupid to condition (or try to).
Explore www.uechi-ryu.com for articles on this.

-Al

Re: body conditioning - 04/18/05 02:21 AM

Kung Fu does a lot of conditioning. Da Sam Sing is a common arm conditioning exercise that works on forearms. If you don't have a parter or a muk jong(sp) then you can use basically anything.