boxing

Posted by: Anonymous

boxing - 04/02/05 06:52 PM

hey i really want to box but i dont no anything about it, and im not some kid who wants to do it just to look hard i want it for the fight. i know at first i will get the crap kick out of me but with time will imporve. can anyone tell me the basics of boxing and good traning tips i plan on starting a boxing club at my school

Re: boxing - 04/03/05 07:50 PM

Keep yours hands up and watch his body, don't stare at his head but no where it is. Be aggressive, but alert. Have fun.

Besides just boxing, do some weight training and do some exercies that uses your own weight such as pushups and pullups.

Work on triceps, your chest and your abs for stronger punches. Your body is where the power of your punch comes from, not your arms. Learn how to punch and avoid punches before boxing.

Re: boxing - 04/06/05 10:55 PM

You should watch as much boxing as possable, learn to love the heavy bag and shadow boxing.

I go by the cardnal rule of at lest one hand should be near your cheak at all times.

A good running routine is to run alternats. Pretty much you start off jogging and then turn it into a steady sprint for as fast as you can for 3 mins, then go back to joging for 1 min, then start your 3 min sprint again.Repeat.

It simulates how much energy you use in the ring. 3 min sprints represent the time you actually on your feet and fighting. The 1 represents your break between rounds.

This train your body for anarobic activity. It makes it easier for you heart to slow down the speed back up and vice-versa.

Its never too earily to start running.

Re: boxing - 04/10/05 09:20 PM

u should probubly get a trainer most think thay could do good on there own but the trainers teach you real good but real hard trust me i know.

Re: boxing - 04/15/05 08:44 PM

Get a trainer. I used to box and still do a little. It's alot of fun. Just keep moving small hops from your front foot to the back. Follow through with your punches. You should be good.