muay thai smoker fights

Posted by: Anonymous

muay thai smoker fights - 03/15/05 04:56 PM

hello its been a while since i posted here but ive been trainnning in muay thai hard and good so i guess its time for me to test myself do es annyone know were anny muay thai smoker fights take place and how to join them.

Re: muay thai smoker fights - 03/19/05 06:12 PM

Perhaps I'm ignorant - what is a Muay Thai smoker fight? Do we both fight like mad for thirty seconds then double over coughing? If this is some kind of Thailand culture or Muay Thai ritual? I know nothing of Muay Thai's art, only its martial.

- Op. Skinny Ninja

Re: muay thai smoker fights - 03/23/05 07:16 AM

Yo' skinny ninja, smoker fights are unofficial fights that take place anywhere that a fighter gets paid for doing. It's called a "smoker" fight because normally theres so much ciggarette smoke in the air that it hangs over the place. On that note, need4speed do you really want a smoker fight?

Re: muay thai smoker fights - 03/23/05 07:28 AM

the explanation ive heard of "smoker fights" is that it is like a debut fight for inexperienced fighters, an amateur fight with padding etc or restricted target areas.

the "smoker" term refers to the wheezing from the two fighters due to them not having the conditioning of pro fighters.

im pretty sure that no money is involved here - its small time stuff - learning to take and give hits in front of an audience

it makes sense to me that new comer muay thai fighters would want a taste of fighting with someone their own level, but High-Tien-Ma-77 - your explantion sounds like you just felt the need to talk garbage - either that or youve been lied to