which hand????

Posted by: Anonymous

which hand???? - 01/02/05 12:35 PM

i am just begining to fight (box) and one question has me kind of confused. when you are fighting southpaw which hand is your leading hand? ok thank you for reading and i hope yall can help! and also i dont really see the difference in a jab and a straight, i know it sound like i am clueless but those are the only things that i had questions on, besides that i am doing very well. ok thank you for reading and i hope yall can help thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by lacey (edited 01-02-2005).]

Re: which hand???? - 01/18/05 05:50 AM

South paw is right hand forward, personally I think it is good to be able to fight orthadox and south paw and be able to switch quickly

Re: which hand???? - 01/18/05 08:57 PM

ok thank you so much i understand it a lot better now! thanks again!

~lacey~

Re: which hand???? - 03/05/05 11:21 PM

A jab is deliver from your front hand and a cross come from you rear hand. The cross uses the waste, and chest more. If you do a proper cross you should end up on the ball of you left foot, with the foot faceing the opponent.

I know you didn't ask this but heres a tip, do you know of the 80/20 rule.

Your front hand should be used for 80% of the offence, due to jabing, and setting up while the rear should be used for 20%, only on sure fire powerpunches.

While on defence the rear hand should be used 80% of the time to stop oncoming punches and the front hand should be used 20%.

Re: which hand???? - 03/13/05 05:46 PM

thanks i didnt know of the 80/20 rule but i do now and i am sure it will help a lot,i really appriciate all yalls help! and if i have any more questions i will know who to ask!