UFC or Untrained fights

Posted by: Anonymous

UFC or Untrained fights - 12/30/04 06:59 AM

Today i rented the UFC Vendetta dvd and i am currently watching it. in terms of enjoying watching fights it was good to see that talent but i think in terms of enjoying and watching a fight i think i prefer watching untrained fights which are all collected on video (bumfights/random street fights) than UFC because in the UFC these guys know how to win a fight and thats all they try do..in untrained fights people do whatever and you dont know what you'll see next (watching an untrained fight not actually fighting an untrained person)

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 12/30/04 12:26 PM

Yea I think both have their ups and downs.

UFC videos are good because they are tallented and they know what to do to hurt people. I think thats why UFC fights are similar.

I think "A common street thug" (hehe) seldom knows all the leathal trics wich a trained profesional knows thats why the fights are more variable.

What I would like to see would be when a "common street thug" fights a profesional. Hehe I think that would teach the attacker a lesson not be so keen in fighting someone they dont know.

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 01/01/05 12:57 AM

Unless the professional gets his brain blown out or ran down with a car by the common thug. The common street thug has no rules and is good at useing violence and knows how to deal with violence being used against them is it logical or illogical to asume they dont know how to kill if needed. Throw in some weapons and take out the rules of ufc which there are rules put them in a ally or on the street alone with no witnesses and make it a fight to the death and there you go a real street assault.

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 01/01/05 04:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AgenT:
Unless the professional gets his brain blown out or ran down with a car by the common thug. The common street thug has no rules and is good at useing violence and knows how to deal with violence being used against them is it logical or illogical to asume they dont know how to kill if needed. Throw in some weapons and take out the rules of ufc which there are rules put them in a ally or on the street alone with no witnesses and make it a fight to the death and there you go a real street assault.[/QUOTE]

Ofcourse everyone is equal in front of a gun.
There is no doubt about it.

But the issue was hand to hand combat on video. And I think a professional (UFC)fighter is more skilled in Hand to hand combat so probably a "common street thug" wouldnt have much chance against a professional.

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 01/01/05 06:08 PM

which do you guys prefer to watch? a match between two trained UFC fighters or a fight between two untrained teenagers in some carpark? personally its the untrained teenagers because they dont know any specific styles so anything could happen movewise

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 01/01/05 08:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hazard121:
which do you guys prefer to watch? a match between two trained UFC fighters or a fight between two untrained teenagers in some carpark? personally its the untrained teenagers because they dont know any specific styles so anything could happen movewise[/QUOTE]

To tell you the truth Ive always felt a little guilty watching either. I feel like I need a long shower afterwards.

oldman

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 01/02/05 04:08 AM

I prefer the trained fighters just because seeing someone grab another by their hair, get them in a headlock, and then swat at their face gets a little old after about the millionth time.

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 03/16/05 06:01 PM

--Gula
Check this out. I enjoyed it. A good example of a "common street thug" messing with someone who he knows nothing about.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=karatechop.wmv

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 03/17/05 01:43 PM

HA HA HA! Thanks! That really made my day =D

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 03/17/05 11:09 PM

I think this was kind of the appeal of old UFCs. The "anything can happen" element.

I like watching all kinds of fights, whether they are pros or just guys on the street.

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 03/24/05 04:52 AM

A ufc fighter could easily take down a thug. ufc figheters train like everyday with weights they would have soo much more strength and soo more use to get hitting like everyday. i rahter watch any type of teen fight. Old peopole take it too seriosuly lol

Re: UFC or Untrained fights - 03/26/05 10:31 AM

The old UFC was good. Those were real guys. Average guys. Not all these super-conditioned ultra-quick Liddels and Belforts. I mean c'mon, how many Shamrocks and Sakuraba's are walking the streets these days?

I remember an old, old match from either UFC 1 or 2 - big pacific islander fella VS little scrappy white guy. The skinny white fighter dropped the big dude and deliever a brutal kick to the face - teeth flew into the crowd! Now THATS the real thing!

- Op. Skinny Ninja

[This message has been edited by OperationSkinnyNinja (edited 03-30-2005).]