advice on competition

Posted by: Anonymous

advice on competition - 11/15/04 04:22 PM

Hi, i'm in Kenpo Karate and in a couple of months i have to compete. one of the fighters i have to fight is in jujitsu and is a wrestler at my high school. what type of moves should i watch out for and make in order to win. or at least have a greater chance.

Re: advice on competition - 11/15/04 06:43 PM

watch his feet in my opinion, i am not in either MA's but jujitsu is ALOT about sweeping/throwing so watch out for his feet and him grabbing your shoulders/arms

Re: advice on competition - 11/15/04 09:26 PM

thanx for the help. is there anyone else who can give me advice?

[This message has been edited by MasterMatrix8 (edited 12-01-2004).]
Posted by: Salek

Re: advice on competition - 12/01/04 05:13 PM

Watch your legs, and make sure to stay low...

Make sure he wears deoderant

Re: advice on competition - 12/02/04 12:59 AM

Check your distance....try not to allow him to get in close other wise he will have the advantage being a wrestler/jujutsu man- use your kempo strikes to keep him out and away from you- work on your speed strikes and 1-2 combo's for the match- attck high then low, low then high that type of thing, remember though that he will close the gap if he see's an opening- keep moving don't stand still or he will tackle you, best you win by a stand up game, if it goes to ground he will again have the advantage.

Re: advice on competition - 12/02/04 07:10 AM

It depends on what the rules of the competition are. Could you elaborate on what the format is? (Different advice if you're allowed to grapple, clinch, ground-fight etc.)

Re: advice on competition - 12/04/04 12:53 AM

I'm pretty sure that it is a standing competition

[This message has been edited by MasterMatrix8 (edited 12-04-2004).]