A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers

Posted by: Anonymous

A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/08/04 05:54 AM

Hey guys, check out my book "A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers" here: www.lulu.com/kobus

I've been training with and helping peparing fighters for Pride, K-1, Pancrase and many more.

All about power development, mental preparation, conditioning, self-marketing, etc.

A lot of your answers are here.
Kobus
www.ko-bus.com
www.lulu.com/kobus
Posted by: Salek

Re: A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/20/04 11:11 PM

Wow... you are good at self marketing now arent you... Thats kind of sad...

Re: A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/20/04 11:24 PM

meaning?

Re: A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/20/04 11:26 PM

I just thought that it was sad because you focused less on martial arts itself, and more on making money and superficializing it

Re: A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/20/04 11:44 PM

True, I do.
My point is this:
We pend so many hours per day/week month training and perfecting our arts and competitive ability, that there is very litle trade-off financially.

So many martial artists and competitors (including some great champions) are struggling to make ends meet that they have to have supplementing income.

If we can do what we love to do full time IT WOULD BE GREAT - wouldn't it?

The problem is that we can have all the nice novelties of titles, or traditionalism - but are you able to feed your family? Are you able to pay your rent without stress? Can you travel abroad for training or seminars or training camps if you want to?

MOST OF THE FIGHTERS CAN'T!

It is no use talking about arts and the purity of the arts if we live as beggars - or have to do martial arts part-time because we need jobs.

I'm trying to enlighten martial artists about living off their passion. I'm taking my experience as a businessman and putting it in a book as permanent advice.

If that is superficializing it - then I've no problem pleading guilty.

All I know is that so many fighters whom I know are struggling - and they can reverse it by getting more business savvy about it...

Re: A Fighter's Encyclopedia - for Professional Fighters and Trainers - 11/20/04 11:47 PM

Hmmm... never thought about it that way... Accept my apolgies [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]