self trainning

Posted by: Anonymous

self trainning - 10/11/04 08:56 PM

hey all!!
i do self muay thai trainning, would trees 2x4s wodden dumies work for mai trainning i have already been using them lol , bags are crap for me , when i spar i sapr hard and pretend i am breaking bones!!!

Re: self trainning - 10/12/04 04:20 AM

depends it is important to get some xperience maybe get one of your friends to come over to give u some defence training so u can practice taking a blow good luck.

i too am selftraining myself as the guy who used to train me does not have the time anymore it is ok but im currently in asia and there are no boxing gyms where i am so im waiting to get back to australia where i am from to join a boxing gym.

its ok for me because i learnt the basics with my trainer and am just imroving on speed and the strenght of my punches by using my bag every day.

i have a little experince as me and my friends ran a boxing thing at school so i got to practice with real people not just the bag. unfortunetly we were cought by teachers and could not continue to box in school premises. just train hard my freind.

Re: self trainning - 10/12/04 04:29 AM

yes training urself can help but it often leads to bad habits/sloppy tecgniques only use self training for strenght and speed maybe u should get some of friends to join in and make ur own sort of club and spar with each other.

Re: self trainning - 10/28/04 05:16 PM

download some of Bruce Lee's articles. first of all, don't use wooden dummies if you're not muscular and strong cuz u might hurt urself. u'll damage ur knuckles by practising on a wooden dummy. second of all.. if u're light weighted don't use a heavy bag very often as it develops bulky muscles which limit your limb's movements. but heavy bag is better then a wooden dummy for a beginner. u'd rather wanna practice a lot of shadow boxing. u can do all kinds of kicks and punches, jumps. when doing the shadow boxing you'll have a better feeling about the technique of your strokes. when u work out on a heavy bag u concentrate mostly on the power of punches/kicks and not on the technique. heavy bag should be mostly used for trying out what u've learnt via shadow boxing and other training methods.

Re: self trainning - 11/08/04 04:13 AM

Get some dvd's by a few people who knows what they're talking about.
I do shootfighting but I also have Bas Ruttens instructural and streetfighting dvd's and they're great!

Re: self trainning - 12/22/04 11:59 PM

ooo but i dont no weree to get those things, i also dont have a credit card ...

Re: self trainning - 01/05/05 06:18 PM

Im between self training and being taught. Next week I rebegin my Muaythai classes. But yeah, just keep at perfecting your technique once you have done this, then train yourself to go faster, and faster. Once you have trained yourself to be faster then focus on punching harder to do more damage to your opponents.

And all fighters want a little bit of bulk, but not to much, bulk can be ripped with high cardio exercise everyday, and if you rip bulk, your a fast-big-guy!

But the best way to learn to fight properly is actual fighting/sparring. In every one of these, there is a lesson to be learnt. So I say, get a training buddy and spar eachother once every 2 days, and race to be better than the partner. Goodluck!

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 01-05-2005).]