Semi vs "tag" sparring

Posted by: creative

Semi vs "tag" sparring - 08/09/04 09:33 AM

Do you think that semi contact tournaments have change from semi contact fighting to Tag matches?
Before i entered tournament i could see the value in semi contact fighting.
I think the problem is that "MA's" are training exclusively for semi contact sport and not using it as a tool to improve their training. This has resulted in the rules being manipulated into in "the first person to make contact scores" The past few tournaments i have seen the fighters technique is good for nothing except this "Tag" game which IMO does nothing to imporve your MA.
Some oppinions on my rant....
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Semi vs "tag" sparring - 09/16/04 05:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by creative:
Do you think that semi contact tournaments have change from semi contact fighting to Tag matches?
Before i entered tournament i could see the value in semi contact fighting.
I think the problem is that "MA's" are training exclusively for semi contact sport and not using it as a tool to improve their training. This has resulted in the rules being manipulated into in "the first person to make contact scores" The past few tournaments i have seen the fighters technique is good for nothing except this "Tag" game which IMO does nothing to imporve your MA.
Some oppinions on my rant....
[/QUOTE]You know I would suggest full contact, that way training pays off and this tag game stops.