Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent!

Posted by: Anonymous

Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent! - 06/27/04 03:57 AM

I witnessed an organized streetfight last year in Orlando between a 5'11" 19 yr old free-style wrestler, a Penn H.S. state champion in his senior year at 215ibs. with a 33-0 record with 25 pins V. a 5'10 & 1/4" 44 yr old horror poet from FLA who weighed 162ibs., who was described as being skilled in the art of Mujitsu. Right, none of us who witnessed this brief brutal fight had ever heard of Mujitsu it either. But it worked for this guy. Evidently, the art is centered around winning a fight by ANY means nessacary. Well, as these 2 closed on one another, the older man yelled "Wait! That's cheating." He was pointing at his opponents midsection. (They were both shirtless wearing only gym shorts.). As the wrestler looked down, the older fellow casually strolled up to his opponent & pulled out what was later described as a Myotron---a stun-gun like weapon disgusied as a cell-phone. He lunged forward & jammed it into Mr. wrestler's abdomen & activated an electric charge & that was it! Wrestle-boy collapsed like a wet towell. Myotron man then knee-dropped him right in the crotch, calmly strattled his chest, and with the palm of his right hand, smashed the guy's nose bloody flat & repeated the strike to his front teeth, sending at least 5 of them flying loose. His third palm strike landed flush on the young man's left eye, resulting in an ugly swelling. (At the hospital, Doctors were unable to save the eye.). Poet-man then stood up, and before any of us could do a thing, he bolted away into the night. Meanwhile, grappling champ-boy was about to start on a painful journey through the land of rehabilitation. His sinuses are still screwed up & of course he's blind in one eye--the result of a match that lasted no more than 20 seconds! PoetMan has never been heard from again. Word on the street is he's far away from Florida. Moral of the story: NEVER assume because you're bigger, younger & stronger than your opponent, that you'll waltz to an easy victory. He may have something, literally, hidden up his sleeve.
Posted by: medulanet

Re: Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent! - 06/27/04 03:40 PM

Actually, I think the moral of the story is that mutual street combat is stupid. Only fight for real if you have to, and then fight to win. Not to be fair, or to be nice, but to dominate and destroy. The wrestler has been trained to fight by rules, and it seems that this training is what got him into trouble because he was confused that a fight on the street is never a fair fight and "cheating does not exist" the only thing that means anything is winning or losing. Its not that the old man was so skilled, it is that the young man was so stupid, and this is unfortunately a burden of the young, or at least that young person, stupidity.

Re: Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent! - 06/27/04 07:50 PM

It was the wrestler's fault for being too slow to evade the attack. He deserved it.

Re: Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent! - 06/29/04 08:51 AM

Your story sounds like a crock of bologna to me. Organized street fight? Whaaa?

Mr. Mujutsu should go to jail. Besides, full grown adults have huge strength advantages against 19 year-olds. Even if those adults are smaller. You said organized streetfight. If this Mujutsu guy...who I doubt exists behind your mental hallucinations... really pulled out a weapon, then proceeded at blinding and disfiguring this wrestler, he should go to jail. And once more....organized?

P.S. "One of these days, I'm gonna get Organizized."

Re: Do NOT Underestimate Your Opponent! - 08/02/04 02:31 AM

I don't this story was meant to be taken literally. Was it? Good moral. I'm younger than 19 and I'm much stronger than many adults. Or did you mean adults with constant training?