how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi

Posted by: Dante Kazuma

how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/13/04 08:26 PM

i would just like some feedback, is all. first, to explain what the Takura Sugi is (TS for short) i would reccomend you go to my website: www.freewebs.com/dantekazuma <that has all the info you will need on the TS to understand what it is at least. our rules for dueling are as follows: 2 hits to arms or legs for a point. 1 hit to chest or head for 1 point. 2 points for disarming your opponent. im not up to date on the rules for other samurai sword dueling compititions or groups. so, please, some feedback please. thanks

-Dante Kazuma, Ranger of the Takura sugi

[This message has been edited by Dante Kazuma (edited 06-13-2004).]
Posted by: JohnL

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 08:03 AM

From this post and your web site, you're clearly a schoolboy with his own little gang.

Pathetic!

JohnL
Posted by: schanne

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 08:57 AM

I read your entire website and I can't believe you dedicate so much energy toward such nonsense. Why don't you stop the BS and join a MA school, find out what MA is really about before we read about you in the paper or crime log. Just for the hell of it please explain to me about your ranking system? Did you ever see the movie, Lord Of The Flies"? If you haven't rent it or read the book. Samurai sword dueling???? Do you mean Kenjitsu, they don't have "dueling" as a group either, it's based as a one on one competition. The Samurai were a particular class of Japanese warrior, most were hired by Lords and Shogans as a protector of estates during futal Japan. Your intersting but I think you need direction.

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 01:37 PM

#1, there is no schools for MA over here. #2, i have nothing better to do, and #3, its keeping me sane, otherwise, you prolly would have seen me in a crime log or the paper as the kid who committed the 2nd columbine. thats all im saying, and i did not ask for that type of feedback. i olny wanted to hear some rules on other sparring "clubs" or whatever.

-Dante Kazuma, Ranger of the Takura Sugi

p.s. ive tried Kempo karate, and i found im not good with my fists

[This message has been edited by Dante Kazuma (edited 06-14-2004).]

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 01:40 PM

and, yes, i would like some direction, Schanne, so if you could help, that would be great

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 02:30 PM

I'll confess Dante Kazuma that given your location, you are in the middle of no-where.

However a quick google search found a Kempo place, and acadamy of MA's, and a MMA place in Green River where you live, and a JKD place in Rock Springs which is just down the road.

If you're serious about MA's then you need to go and train in one.

You said that you tried Kenpo (Maybe the one in Green River) and you found that you're not good with your fists. Of course you're not, you haven't trained to be good with them.

I'd suggest you attend any of the MA schools locally, rather than create the fantasy world you seem to be doing with your web site.

Good luck

JohnL

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 02:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dante Kazuma:
and, yes, i would like some direction, Schanne, so if you could help, that would be great[/QUOTE]

Ok Dante I won't make fun of you any longer deal? I'm a Sensei and I try to teach what ever I can pertaining to MA and our style of karate. My background is Korean Tang Soo Do, Hapkido and for the last ten or so years Goju and Jujitsu which I have taken to like very much. As you can see my email is availble if needed. My training is very traditional and I'm not one to discuss Chi balls or other hocus pocus BS but I do have a firm belief in the study of Zen. I'm still not sure what your club, system, style is about, but I'll tell you what I like about it already , we will try to stay positive here ok. Number one your trying to use or train yourselve as Martial Artists but really you have no guidance or instruction since there are no schools or teachers anywhere as you stated. Your having competions,which must be inter Takura Sugi since there aren't any other schools around. You have created some rules and bylaws for your club which show some sort of organization. Your 15 and said you are insaaaaaane on your website, well so was I at that age, totally bonkers. Now that you know a little about me and I know some stuff about your club and style let me hear more about you. How are your grades, are both your parent alive, your family life, what kind of friend do you hang with , brothers, sisters? Tell me more about your enviorment and I will be glad to continue our talks.

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 02:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by schanne:
Ok Dante I won't make fun of you any longer deal? I'm a Sensei and I try to teach what ever I can pertaining to MA and our style of karate. My background is Korean Tang Soo Do, Hapkido and for the last ten or so years Goju and Jujitsu which I have taken to like very much. As you can see my email is availble if needed. My training is very traditional and I'm not one to discuss Chi balls or other hocus pocus BS but I do have a firm belief in the study of Zen. I'm still not sure what your club, system, style is about, but I'll tell you what I like about it already , we will try to stay positive here ok. Number one your trying to use or train yourselve as Martial Artists but really you have no guidance or instruction since there are no schools or teachers anywhere as you stated. Your having competions,which must be inter Takura Sugi since there aren't any other schools around. You have created some rules and bylaws for your club which show some sort of organization. Your 15 and said you are insaaaaaane on your website, well so was I at that age, totally bonkers. Now that you know a little about me and I know some stuff about your club and style let me hear more about you. How are your grades, are both your parent alive, your family life, what kind of friend do you hang with , brothers, sisters? Tell me more about your enviorment and I will be glad to continue our talks. [/QUOTE]

Schanne

I'm sure that your post was well intentioned, however, I would not recommend anyone giving the details you suggest over the internet or starting private e-mails with someone they know nothing about.

DK

Try the local places I suggested, you need to meet/see the people you're going to train with or take advice from, and so do your parents.

JohnL

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 03:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Schanne

I'm sure that your post was well intentioned, however, I would not recommend anyone giving the details you suggest over the internet or starting private e-mails with someone they know nothing about.

DK

Try the local places I suggested, you need to meet/see the people you're going to train with or take advice from, and so do your parents.

JohnL
[/QUOTE]
Well John I don't think he is going to meet me or I'm going to meet his parents now are we. Dante living in Gods country somewhere and me in NJ, sorry but it ain't gona happen. So in the mean time we will just try to make the best of it, ok. When and what ever I can help a person with that pertaining to MA or anything else will always be my goal in life. John, mybe you need to come down off the thrown once in a while.

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/14/04 05:08 PM

~bows~ i am eternally greatful to you both, giving me the kind of insight i needed. THANK YOU!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 06/23/04 12:09 AM

I read the first sentence of the your description of TS... militia without modern weapons... trust me on this, you wont even be able to protect yourself. (you can make napalm by mixing equal parts of gasoline and frozen orange juice consentrate) That's a cheaper, easier, AND faster way of killing someone that your little swords and axes.

Re: how my friends and i do it in the Takura Sugi - 10/08/04 06:07 PM

well, if you would have read more than 1 sentence, you would have learned im not trying to KILL anyone. plus who in thier right mind would use napalm to kill anyone....i think thats just wrong. you best know more about a subject before you critisize