2009 ITKF Canadian Competition

Posted by: student_of_life

2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 05/26/09 11:28 AM

hey guys, just want to let you guys know im going to regina to compete in the 2009 ITKF Canadian competition. i'm a 1st kyu and this is my 4th time at it. i'm leaving tonight to fly out and i should be back in a week, hopefully with video. i've been preparing for this for a long time now and i can't wait to get to it.

wish me luck, or don't...but think about how that would hurt my feelings..

later guys.

Posted by: Prizewriter

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 05/26/09 04:24 PM

Best of Luck! I've seen your videos and you are very capable.

A boxing coach once told his boxer that regardless of how tired, hurt, nervous or scared he was, his opponent felt the same way too. Whatever you are go through, your opponent is going through it too. I always thought that was sound advice.
Posted by: Ames

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 05/27/09 02:16 PM

Good luck bro!

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/02/09 11:22 AM

awsome week! there were six guys in my kata devision, and i took ogold with bassai dai and bassai sho (woot) and there were five in my kumite devision, where i took another gold (woot).

i'm going to be a little while getting any video up because im waiting to get it sent to me. over all it my best time at the nationals yet, and thats because i've been training for this thing since december. we also had the best after party to date, which is another huge plus.

thanks for the support guys.

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/05/09 03:51 PM

Well done! That is no mean feat, the ITKF are one of the biggest Shotokan groups in the world, and I am sure the Canadian Nationals are well attended. Well done again.
Posted by: Ames

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/09/09 01:54 AM

Wow, that's awesome man,,congrats. You must have worked really hard to get to get to this point. 2 golds is pretty killer.

--Chris

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/14/09 10:08 AM

thanks guys. and yeah, i have been working alot for this. i've spent 2-3 hours a day, 6 days a week in the dojo/shed/back yeard for months.

next on the list is the shodan test next weekend. i don't mean to be needy, but pray for me again. lol.

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/15/09 04:45 PM

You'll be grand lad. You did really well in the competition, and with all the prep you've done, the shodan should be a formality. You know how to do it, and those around you know you can do it (or else they wouldn't let you do it). Don't worry about it.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/16/09 07:13 AM

Good luck, SOL!

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/22/09 12:39 AM

shodan passed! sweet. i just found out a few hours ago.

sooo, when can i start to run on tree tops and across water like in "crouching tiger, hidden dragon"? all this karate stuff has to start paying off some time soon, lol.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/22/09 06:44 AM

congratulations SOL

Didn't you know the belt itself confers those powers- it lets you grapple-hook to walls, throw smoke grenades and bat-shaped disks...
Ummm, actually, I think that's the utility belt- easy mistake to make

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/22/09 01:26 PM

Knew you could. Well done.

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/22/09 02:54 PM

thanks guys.

Re: 2009 ITKF Canadian Competition - 06/23/09 08:39 PM

here a link to my facebook page, please add me, i have a video of the last fight i had at the nationals. i'm the one waring the red belt.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=195683935513