HELP!! Need Competition...

Posted by: Fightersdad

HELP!! Need Competition... - 01/11/09 10:33 AM

Hello all. New to the boards and need a little help..

I have a son, who is 16. He has been boxing golden gloves and wrestling (Free and Folkstyle) since age 8. Has also received his blue belt in BJJ and has been training Muay Thai for almost a year.
He is getting "somewhat" bored with just boxing and wrestling matches.
We live in Tennessee and Adult MMA was just made legal in July of '08. Youth MMA is still illegal.
My question is, Does anyone know where it is legal and how could I get him involved?

Thank You..
Posted by: MattJ

Re: HELP!! Need Competition... - 01/11/09 11:13 AM

Try PM-ing member spartancs. His kids do youth MMA.
Posted by: karl314285

Re: HELP!! Need Competition... - 02/18/09 04:51 PM

Fightersdad, before such a step I feel it important to note that at his age the growth plates at either end of all his bones have not stopped growing and the sagittal and transverse sutures of the skull along with sinus and facial bones are still "mobile". Potentially in such an arena he will sustain joint dislocation w/ fracture to the attendant epiphysial plate... fractured tibial plateau and possibly by 20 y/o one leg shorter forever. Fracture sinus while still mobile, this bone called the cribriform plate (part of the ethmoid sinus) which perforated to allow the nerves from the brain to have access to the outside world (giving sense of smell and smell is linked to taste) can shear the nerves...no more sense of smell or taste. maybe wait 3 years avoid damage to future. just something to discuss w/ him. dont mean to be a killjoy.