How often?

Posted by: ChronicGMV

How often? - 06/03/06 12:52 AM

How often are WTF competitions? By WTF, I mean Olympic Style sparring.. I'm having a real hard time finding out about these competitions. I have no leads or anything. I've tried google and those tournament locators but I'm still drawing a blank, so I have to ask: How do you find out about the Olympic Style sparring competitions? Do they have flyers? Is there a website where I can go to find out about them in the Florida state?

Are there websites like this: www.KickUSA.com

Where you can select your region and it can tell you where the tournament is being held and on what date..

So to paraphrase, how do you find out about the competitions, and how often are they?
Posted by: Supremor

Re: How often? - 06/03/06 07:25 AM

A large number of the tournaments for WTF will be small regional tournaments which are organised by schools in a small area and are very informal. The best way to find out about these is to ask your TKD instructor or a local one. There are normally state tournaments and nationals, but living in the US, I have no idea what the correct websites for those are.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: How often? - 06/03/06 08:26 AM

Try this:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/15848426/an/0/page/0#15848426
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: How often? - 06/03/06 04:39 PM

In my area you can usually check out open tournaments or karate tournaments and they should let you in.
Posted by: ChronicGMV

Re: How often? - 06/03/06 04:55 PM

No, no... I go to the Karate tournaments every month and the open ones whenever my dojo goes to one. There both always once a month but the open ones cause a lot more. I'm looking for Olympic Style sparring ones now because I've been dying to enter one.