Spinning Hook - K-1

Posted by: Subedei

Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/13/06 06:03 PM

=)
Posted by: funstick5000

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/14/06 11:02 AM

i thought the tall guy was pretty unimpressive until that kick. his other kicks had pretty bad form. the other guy did well to get right in through the tall guys reach.
Posted by: mean_fighter

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/14/06 06:15 PM

Impressive! graceful yet powerful
Posted by: Subedei

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/15/06 06:02 PM

The guys head kind of rocks back and fourth on impact, spinal damage?
Posted by: schanne

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/16/06 12:35 PM

Great kick, although he telegraphed the kick to the point where I'm surprised his opponent didn't even try to block or duck it, must have had his mind somewhere else. Films are decieving, the kick might have been faster than the clip showed. Bet he had a head ache
Posted by: Ives

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/17/06 09:57 AM

That's a nice KO!!
That has got to hurt.

Take a look at this one and have a look at the clock
Posted by: Neko456

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/17/06 03:37 PM

Really he set it up with the jab and the lower spin side kick, after that, the guy was trying to block a low kick. But he got faked out and got caught with the high kick.

Watch his hands just before getting hit, he pat block/weaved the jab that didn't come and he tried to down block a low kick. Sometimes if you ain't sure its best to step back. Arm chair quarterbacking, hindsight is sure safe.

Good kick bc it worked.
Posted by: Eveal

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/27/06 09:13 AM

He totally set that kick up with that jab. Even though the kick was sloppy, it landed on the right spot. If he would have caught the guy with his heel the guy may would have been picking up his jaw off the floor. It kinda look like he was throwing a backfist also but then BAM a hook kick.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 01/27/06 12:43 PM

Quote:

Great kick, although he telegraphed the kick to the point where I'm surprised his opponent didn't even try to block or duck it, must have had his mind somewhere else.

He did try to block the kick - that's how he got hit. You can see his hands are up near his face as the kick starts, then as it gets closer, he dropped them to try to block the leg. Big Mistake. He should have left them up there to cover his face.

I have been caught the exact same way before. Don't reach for the kick!!!

And I agree with funstick5000. The little guy was doing better overall - right up until he hit the mat.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 02/03/06 08:30 AM

Matt, must have replayed that clip 20 times. Your right... it looks as if the guy thought it was going to be a spinning back kick and he dropped his hands to parry the kick but instead he was clocked with the hook kick.
Posted by: RazorFoot

Re: Spinning Hook - K-1 - 02/03/06 10:50 AM

Quote:

I have been caught the exact same way before. Don't reach for the kick!!!

You're not the only one brother! Made that mistake myself trying to block what looked like a front kick only to catch the crescent kick across the face.

He took his time and set it up right. He threw the low straight back kick first to get him thinking back kick and then through the spinning heel so when the other guy blocked low, nobody was home. DING! Cancel Christmas, lights out!