I have mixed martial arts match

Posted by: vashtheblade

I have mixed martial arts match - 10/02/05 07:35 PM

I have a mma competion coming up and I found out that some one I have really wanted to fight is going to be there I am working with my usual routine of muay Thai, tae kwon do , shaolin kenpo and kung fu. Combined with heavy weight training water aerobic and anaerobic training, running, and what ever else my teacher tell me to do, I have also increased my protein intake by 250% so now I get around 400 grams a day. I weight only 135 with a body fat index of 12.1 percent, five feet and eight inches tall.
While the other guy is six feet and two inches tall, 215 pounds and about a 25 percent fat index. Yes I know weight classes and all but some how it was agreed since it is only a four school competition that I would go against him first. Any ideas that might help me in any way? please respond even if this is in the wrong forum.
Posted by: kenposan

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/02/05 09:31 PM

sounds like you are training hard but I am wondering if you are doing any groundfighing? I am not very familiar with shaolin kempo or kung fu but I thought they were striking arts, which would mean your entire regime is made up of striking. That would leave you very vulnerable on the ground.

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/02/05 10:26 PM

OOhh how could I have not for seen that. I do not know grappeling or wrestling. Thank you I have been trying. So grappeling would be the weakest link. thank you
Posted by: Belnick

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/04/05 06:20 AM

Quote:

OOhh how could I have not for seen that. I do not know grappeling or wrestling. Thank you I have been trying. So grappeling would be the weakest link. thank you

muay Thai, tae kwon do , shaolin kenpo and kung fu.
those are all stand up, right ?
have you trained anything on the ground ? how to pass guard, ground and pound, escapes if you end up on bottom, have you done sprawls so they go off by instinct ? etc..

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/04/05 06:33 PM

you right and reading my last post it sounds a little sarcastic sorry I was just amazed by my simplicity to forget that, Each one I do is striking realy no grapelling of any kind
Posted by: paradoxbox

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/05/05 04:21 AM

Get some newaza training at a BJJ or Judo place, tell them you have a fight coming up and need some quick help in ground work. Learn to pass the guard, learn some basic judo and BJJ mounts and escapes from mounts, and learn how to prevent bjj style takedown and entry techniques (learn to sprawl, learn to knee accurately). Make sure you have good reflexes, don't let mistakes go unpunished, if you see a limb left out submit it in any way you can as fast as you can, do not give an inch.

Work on your cardio a lot, you'll thank me later if you take to running hard for an hour a day for 2 weeks or more before the fight.
Posted by: CobraLionz

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/09/05 11:38 PM

My advice is to make sure your medical insurance will cover this. Please show us the results on video

Re: I have mixed martial arts match - 10/12/05 07:49 PM

Thanks for the wonderful boost in confidence and sure i think my medical will cover it