i am new, need help with my fightin

Posted by: gibbo

i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 03:17 PM

hiya guys, i am new to here. i dont really train. i am 14 years old. i am ok at fightin not bad, theres some guys in my school and year who hav proper good physiques and are very strong. i play footy alot so i am not over weight. i wanna know how 2 become a really good fighter, street wise, and get an awesome phsique, i am about 8-9stones and about 5ft 8 maybe, dunno lol. i dont go 2 a gym but i hav some dumbells in my room, i go 2 my dads at weekend and his has a small home gym thing which is ok, he also has a speed ball which i'm good at, what should i eat, train etc, i want awesome physique and to be an awesome street fighter. cheers guys
Posted by: oldman

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 03:23 PM

Thats a good question. I suggest that since there are Dumbells in your room ask them if they would maybe like to go with you to find a teacher in your area.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 03:24 PM

Yes, what oldman said.

Also, do not post your question three times in three different forums. Once is enough.

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 03:35 PM

lol, didnt know which 1 to post it in so did in all i thought might need 2 go in lol. there arent any teachers around where i live, i used 2 go boxing in my village but they stopped. help me
Posted by: Shitokan

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 03:42 PM

Practice what u know, and learn another style if boxing is not available then mix the best from them both.

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 05/19/05 04:00 PM

theres not really any gym sorta things around my village, i just wanna b strong and b well toned and a good physique
Posted by: muaythaiguy

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 06/27/05 01:44 PM

tone isn't the right word. I'm sorry to have started with that, but it's a pet peeve of mine. You might want to try eating healthy, and exercising a lot. Anything that makes your muscles work. I walk on my hands for about a half hour every day, and do pushups every hour from a post I found in this forum. Just work on what you know, and improve what you think doesn't work. A single technique will not work for everyone. Just find what suits you, and mold it to fit your natural movements.
Posted by: Iamdadude

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 06/29/05 10:15 PM

come on, guys, not all of us can spend cash...I, personaly do chin-ups in the rafters in my shed, push-ups in the bathroom, and use my hand-grip all day, constantly.

Think Rockey...He beat meat for a bag. Get creative, I enjoy it.
Posted by: knightcommander

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 06/30/05 12:10 PM

What do you want from us Gibbo? You think your going to get better at fighitng from reading words on the internet?

You get better at fighting by fighting. Go find a ma school.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 06/30/05 12:18 PM

knightcommander, gibbo posted his question over a month and a half ago. Do you not have anything better to do than to go around the board pasting your 1-liners insulting dead threads? Maybe you should go train more.
Posted by: knightcommander

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 06/30/05 01:07 PM

Rofl.

Its called advice, which he asked for.

What you want me to do? Make him a cup of tea and tell him how to become the ultimate, sexiest, fighter in the world? Im still trying to find that myself.

And who cares if its a dead thread. Thousands of people are going to read it, perhaps about to make a simular thread.
Posted by: Neko456

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 07/01/05 12:31 PM

I'd setup a 3 stage regiment and I'd do it 5 times a week and sometimes twice a day. S1. I'd setup an exercise regiment strechting and calesthetics and aerobic. S2. I'd setup a lightweight routine working various parts of the body on differnt days then on one day work them all. S3. I'd include in the exercise program a 1 mile jog then 2 miles. Start practicnng sprinting. Slowly with this regiment your body will develope into the dynamo you want. At a certain point in your weight traiing I'd work heavier weights to build mass and power, in the legs,back and arms. From here you will have a body thats ready to train once you find a school or Instructor to train you. The hardest part of a 10k mile journey is the 1st step.

Being a good streetfighter will take years of training and fighting, you won't know until you've surviive a couple of em. If you are good at it, or not.
Posted by: specter

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 07/13/05 04:04 PM

Im not so sure how much this would help but ill try to help you as best as i can:

For one thing, i would like to reccomend a website -two actually, thanks to someone who reccomended one of the website on another thread (sorry i cant remember who)- www.intense-workout.com (yes i know i reccomend this website a lot but i found it to be useful) and www.muscletalk.co.uk those might be helpful and if they are not very helpful im sure youll still be able to get a couple of things that are useful out of them.

I would also reccomend some books: The art of expressing the human body compiled and edited by John Little which is based after Bruce Lees training regiments and stretching scientifically by Thomas Kurz which is a great book for gaining flexibility (dont know if youll need that or not since there is no MA school around your area but ill recommend it just in case) and i hear a lot of mixed reviews about Matt Fureys "Combat Conditioning" but that might be worth your interest in looking into.

I would do a lot of jogging, usually in the morning for endurance and to burn off fat and i would do pushups, situps and crunches constantly, and i would keep doing soccer. i would also try to get as much useful information from this website and the 2 websites that i reccomended as i can and from the books that i reccomended (if you have the money to spend on trying some of those books) Especially the art of expressing the human body by John Little. I would also reccomend you try to strengthen your neck with some neck excersizes which would help you better for if you get a hit to the head(which im not saying you try to take hits to the head or anything but its always good to be careful and do it just in case) also i would try to see and ask if there is anyone who knows how to fight or can help train you in any sort of way. id also check around my town and make sure if there is a MA school or gym nearby or not. by the way, where do you live? i could probably see if there is someway i can help and look in the yellowpages or something?
Good luck man,
-specter
Posted by: High-Tien-Ma-77

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 07/21/05 11:25 PM

Personally, I think Thai-Boxing is a good MA to practice in terms of getting a good physique, see if you can find a school in your area that teaches it.
Posted by: High-Tien-Ma-77

Re: i am new, need help with my fightin - 07/21/05 11:28 PM

Quote:

"To alcohal, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems."-Homer J. Simpson