Scenero: Blind sided!

Posted by: Anonymous

Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 01:55 PM

Say you are on your way to your car, house, work and you are suddenly hit from the side. Do you start fighting with the posibility of putting your self in more harm or...
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 03:02 PM

I believe normal response would be covering up or falling to ground.
I believe, depending on situation, you will have to counter attack to open up space to give you a chance to escape or just plain evaluate the situation.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 03:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rougewarrior:
Say you are on your way to your car, house, work and you are suddenly hit from the side. Do you start fighting with the posibility of putting your self in more harm or...[/QUOTE]

Ok so I'm struck from my side. My gut reation would be to defend myself. Even if I am putting myself in danger I would rather see off the danger then try and run away (and possibly get more injured)

If my tactics sound foolish then sorry but that's what I would do [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 03:39 PM

By reflex I would defend myself and from a sucker punch he liable to get anything coming back broken knee, eye gouged, face clawed or throat punched all or any. Like a Cat cornered. I'd go down punching or he go down cluchting.

It would be a reflex, unless he floored me, if I'm standing he's got somethig coming back. Thats just the way I'm built.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 04:10 PM

One question, why werent you aware enough of your environment to see it coming? I'd be aware enough not to get hit in the first place.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/27/05 04:59 PM

AgenT I don't care who you are, you can know your environment 100% at ALL times.

I would make space and evaluate the situation. Do I want to fight this guy ? Did his initial strike cause any damage to stop me from running, fighting etc. ?

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 01:33 AM

Good answer Whiterice.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 01:58 AM

Depends what kind of blindside it is..am I being punched from the side, pushed, tackled...?

If I'm being punched or stabbed or something, I'd instinctively fight back...ask questions later.

If it's a push or a tackle, I'd try and make space as well and assess the threat...simply because many times in my life I've randomly been tackled by friends even on my way into my house or into school, so I'd be more inclined to make sure its a threat hitting me heh.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 01:59 AM

I dont go to bars or hang out around potentially violent areas where I think for one secound I will be attacked. When I do go around these areas, I maintain constant awareness of my surroundings. Unless the store clerk at the local gas station just decides to up and sucker punch me, I dont see being attacked in this manner. If I was I would be very dissapointed in myself for letting the attacker get close enough. If you not aware enough to prevent that type of attack, then what would happen if the guy was armed and it was a knife hitting you. One knife attack and it can be over. The best defense against a surpise attack is ....well dont be surprised. If your unaware I personnally believe you deserve to have your ass handed to you. Now assuming this is a person that hits you and not a object, why in the world didnt you see it coming, how could you let someone you dont know in your personal space, let alone someone potentially violent. If ANYONE gets to close to me I tell them to back away from me or I move away, party to give myself room just incase they may attack. Thats only in dangerous areas, which I tend to AVOID.

[This message has been edited by AgenT (edited 04-28-2005).]

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 09:26 AM

AgentT - The best defense against a surpise attack is ....well dont be surprised. If your unaware I ....

My Reply - There is no way to 100% prepare for the element of surprise, because it can happen anywhere and anytime. I use to walk around punchy I call it, any movement got a responce if it came within a certain range. People didn't believe in the martial arts, buddies and friends got accidental bloodied noses and pain. Because I came from the same background, this was a "show me" area, everybodies bad.

I mellowed out now and I'm probably more an target but you got to as you mentioned alert yourself when you get in a potentially dangerous situation. You can't walk around paranoid you'll go crazy.

But knowing when and where an attack could happen is a guessing game.

Coming up in a ruff area, I've been blind sided, you learn to shake it off and fire back, usually my responce is to tear them a new a$$, but if badly out numbered I have ran, until I got even numbers then I'm was looking for the guy or guys that sucker punched me, and I'd tear him a new ...

Of course that was the young old Me, now if blind sided by multiples and I survive, they better have a good story and no weapons in their hands or they will meet the bad side of Beretta 40 s&w. SD is serious business to me, I didn't make many friends as a cop/bouncer/security or bodyguard. Plenty said they gonna kill me, I believe them.

[This message has been edited by Neko456 (edited 04-28-2005).]

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 05:03 PM

Come on guys [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] agentT has spidey sense's Of course he coudl never be attacked because he could see it before it could even happen.

AgentT, look man it doesnt matter if you dont go to bars or hang out in violent areas. This kind of stuff could happen anywhere at any time. It could even happen at your local K mart, who knows but the fact is that the element of suprise is what's on the jerk's side that just hit you with out you havning time to react. Im just asking what would you do? Total hypothetical question.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/28/05 06:01 PM

I dont let people that close to me, its not paranoia just alertness. Well say someone blind sided me in a local k- mart. I would immediatly get as much distance as I could incase they had a weapon.Which if they did I'd probably be laying on the floor holding my guts in as a result of not being aware. That being said if I survived they better run and hide because I will be coming after them. The spidey sense crack, I've shown no disrespect so please dont disrespect me. I dont really worry about getting attacked especially in a area with alot of people. Attacking a person in a well populated area isnt a smart choice because of witnesses. However I do maintain a constant awareness. I dont bloody friends noses, but I am aware when a person gets to close, especially one that looks like he may try to tear my head off. Paranoia is preparing for situations that are very UNLIKELY to happen. I'm not worried about suprise attacks, as they are very unlikey to happen in your average public place, but I am aware to the possibility. I still believe you deserve what you get for letting an attacker that close. I've seen to many martial artists that I could just walk right up behind and TAP them because they were so unaware, theres no excuse for it.

Re: Scenero: Blind sided! - 04/29/05 01:13 AM

AgenT,
Are you serious? Do you really think you can be completely aware of all your surroundings and ready for attacks %100 of the time? I don't care who you are or how much training you have,if someone spends time planning on how to get you,they will! Nothing can keep you safe ALL the time. If you believe that,you live in a fantasy world.