What about stun guns?

Posted by: Anonymous

What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 01:11 PM

As an alterative to pepper spray what do you all think apout the use of stun guns to help one get away from an attacker?

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 01:18 PM

I see stun guns as having the disadvantages of a gun without the advantages - require accuracy, can kill children and sick people.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 03:46 PM

I think the Taser is an effective alternative to stopping one person armed or unarmed with a knife or blunt object.

The Taser has an advantage over the Stun Gun prodder in that you don't have to be in striking range. The Taser can be effective out 7-10 yards, most have laser sights.

Rumours are spreading that the Stun gun can and has killed detained suspects, Shocked it can disrupt the hearts rythum causing failure.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 07:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by globetrotter:
I see stun guns as having the disadvantages of a gun without the advantages - require accuracy, can kill children and sick people.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I won't be mugged by children or sick people. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 08:33 PM

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I won't be mugged by children or sick people. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

What kind of fantasy land are you living in?

I always take out the sick and young immediately, they are the biggest threat!!!!

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 10:32 PM

Not sure about others but the latest Taser model has 1/100th of the charge as that of a defibrillator. Those deaths that have occurred are as related to cocaine and meth use as they are electric shock.

Just keeping it real. Too many rumors running around.

[This message has been edited by Fletch1 (edited 04-26-2005).]

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/26/05 11:16 PM

I don't have one,but I'd like to. Problem with the old ones is it's a close range weapon.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 01:24 AM

Pepper spray is close range, while stun guns are "long" range weapons. I think that they might be a better defense than pepper spray, although both require accuracy to use effectively, the taser can hit any part of the body and be effective, whereas the spray has to be directed at the eyes.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 01:54 AM

Not all stun guns are long range.Some you have to hold directly ahainst your attacker,little brother,MAGr,whoever...

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 02:02 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SANCHIN31:
Not all stun guns are long range.Some you have to hold directly ahainst your attacker,little brother,MAGr,whoever...[/QUOTE]

I just woke my roommate up laughing so loud...MAGr...jeesh!

I specifically meant the long range shooter types, but the short range cattle prod styles work the same way. Point being pepper spray only works when it hits the eyes, stun guns work wherever you hit your attacker.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 02:15 AM

Well, your wrong about pepper spray too,ever been through the gas chamber? I go through it at least once a year. Never contacts the eyes,just has to be inhaled. Capcesium I believe,basically the same as pepper spray.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 06:19 AM

I have one as well. Used to zap myself with it for funzies. Maybe that's what's wrong....

Anyway I was told a funny story just yesterday about this mild mannered guy where I work.

He used to work in another city, in a "low-rent" area where there was a high crime rate. He was coming out of work one evening at dusk and a guy came up to him to rob him (strong-arm). So he tazors him. Thing is, the battery was running low so it wouldn't quite drop the guy but it DID work. He just had to keep doing it.

The guy would go "AAAIIIIGGGHHHH...." and then come back at him and my friend would hit him again with it. This kept on for a short bit he said. He told me about the guys reaction to his hitting him with that thing and says that he laughs about it to this day.

Well I guess he was a little trigger happy after that. He went and put some new batteries in the tazor. Later on, ANOTHER guy came stumbling out from around the corner or something and my friend then hit HIM with the tazor, which proceeded to put the guy RIGHT OUT! It was then he discovered that the guy was just a wino that had been hanging around nearby for a while (others apparently new him).

A little trigger happy I'd say but then again, I believe I'd have done the same thing.

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/27/05 07:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SANCHIN31:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by globetrotter:

[/QUOTE]

actually, I meant that it has the disadvantage that having it in the house could prove lethal to kids, and the disadvantage of requiring accurate aim. a good misting CS or pepper spray can be fired off without too much accuracy, and is almost immpossible to kill somebody with.

[/QUOTE]

Re: What about stun guns? - 04/29/05 04:21 AM

Here ya go. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]http://www.peppersprayinc.com/airtasers.htm