Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system?

Posted by: Anonymous

Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system? - 04/21/05 05:36 PM

I am a big fan of the MMA fighter (retired) Bas "el guapo" Rutten and have been for years. I saw recently in grappling magazine that he has now developed a MMA system that you can get your instructors licence under his system. What my question is to instructors and students alike is What do you think of his system?

Re: Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system? - 04/21/05 08:34 PM

Bas Rutten.. one of the best. He has a video series called Extreme Pancrase,but I haven't heard about an instructors license.

Re: Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system? - 04/21/05 09:14 PM

Yeh I trained at a gym that used the Bas Rutten MMA fighting system. I live in London, Ontario and Shawn Tompkins is the instructor their at a gym called Hardknocks.

I find that the kickboxing is second to none. The gym has produced many champion kickboxers. The grappling though leaves much to be desired. Check out www.sherdog.com and look for fighters Mark hominick and Sam Stout to see their MMA stats and such.

Check out the teamtompkins website as well... www.teamtompkins.com

I hope I helped.

Re: Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system? - 04/21/05 10:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by babyj6969:

I find that the kickboxing is second to none. The gym has produced many champion kickboxers. The grappling though leaves much to be desired.
[/QUOTE]

That would be indicate some lack of quality control in the system as it is passed down to lower tiers of instructors. Too bad.

Re: Has anyone seen the Bas Rutten MMA system? - 04/22/05 12:42 AM

Could be the preferences of the instructor as well....