WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS

Posted by: Anonymous

WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 02:50 PM

PLIZ HELP AND TELL ME WAT TO DO IF SOM1 GRABS BOTH OF YOUR WRISTS OR ONE THANX

Translation: Please help me by explaining to me some typical, basic techniques I can use to escape from a single or double wrist grab.
Thank you kind and wise members of the forum!

[This message has been edited by nekogami13 V2.0 (edited 04-19-2005).]
Posted by: MrVigerous

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:04 PM

Check that your watch is still there? It rather depends if they are mucking about or trying to attack you doesnt it...Please be more specific. Are you seeking a simple release from the grrip or to damage them in return?

PS: Please dont type in CAPS it is the equivalent of shouting.

Regds
Mr V

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:15 PM

Not trying to be smart or anything but,did you not learn this at what ever school you went/go too? Anyway,there are lots of ways to do this. For 1 arm you can turn it sideways ,so that the pinky side is on where your opponets fingers meet.Then pull out. For 2 you can do the same thing eccept have 1 break out downward and the other uppward. That works better if you try to hit them when you break out. This is just 2 ways of doing it.I hope this helps you,but u really should have learned it at your school.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:17 PM

soz mr v m8 i need simple release pliz but hurting just as good thanx 4 your replie

Translation: (Unknown) Mr. V mate, I need simple techniques to cause the release of their grip on my wrist.
If the techniques also cause discomfort to the person grabbing me, so much the better.
Thank you all who have replied to my inquiry.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrVigerous:
Check that your watch is still there? It rather depends if they are mucking about or trying to attack you doesnt it...Please be more specific. Are you seeking a simple release from the grrip or to damage them in return?

PS: Please dont type in CAPS it is the equivalent of shouting.

Regds
Mr V

[/QUOTE]

What he said. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] No, but really.
If someone grabs your wrists, you have to get into a ready stance and uncover the situation. Do you know this person? Is this guy looking to hurt you- drag you somewhere? Is he possibly a friend? It would help more specifically. There are tons of different variations/situations to go over.

If you don't know this guy and he is possibly hostaging/kidnapping you, seeming pretty violent, strike like your life depended on it, becuase that very well may be the case.

-Db

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:22 PM

thax mr lepord mate i no i shud of learnt it im in tkd not any grappling we do sparing and technical stuf eg.patterns in sparing u cant grab ppls wrist so i think r teacher has ovalooked this

Translation: Thanks Mr. Leopard, I know I should have learned it in my TKD class.
We do sparring and technical stuff, for example poomse.
In our version of sparring, we are not allowed to grapple.
I believe my instructor may have overlooked several elements while focusing on competition sparring.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:24 PM

Listen,

In order for us to take you seriously don't type in caps and don't use chat lingo.Use the grammer you were taught in school.
You cannot learn techniques on the internet! You need to find a school for proper instruction.We could discuss all day what to do(and we probably will),but how do we know you are doing it right without seeing you?
I know what I would do.Is it a cross grab?Same side? In what manner is the wrist grabbed? You need to be more specific.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:30 PM

hey sorry about the capslocks sanshin i dident realise ppl would care

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:34 PM

You said you do TKD and no grappeling? Do you know that TKD has lots of grappeling? What is your interpretation of low block? High block? These can be wrist grab grappeling defenses.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHAO KHAN:
hey sorry about the capslocks sanshin i dident realise ppl would care[/QUOTE]

It's basically the history of the Caps Lock. Oh man...the horror.....all those unneccessary capitalized letters! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG] Capitalized letters are basically just another way of saying "Delete me! I'm a troll!"

We know you didn't mean actual harm.
-Db

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:40 PM

I'm new to this forum, and I don't know the typical post format, but this screams "Troll" to me....

Any readers might want to reflect on the following rule of thumb;

Well-written posts generally indicate a knowledgable, careful person who is serious about what they do. Poor grammar, spelling and syntax indicate someone who doesn't care... so who should you listen to?

All the previous posts that said anything worth listening to, were well-written. Others weren't.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:43 PM

Shao Khan

Based on what I think you are asking for, I would suggest a simple joint lock / pain compliance technique such a 'Nikyo' - as generaly taught in Aikido and other related styles.

It is very convoluted to explain how to perform any technique via words and locks especialy. Your best bet is to put 'Nikyo' into a search engine and see what crops up or seek out a suitably qualified person who can give you a demonstration.

Hope this helps

Regds
Mr V
Posted by: kenposan

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA:
I'm new to this forum, and I don't know the typical post format, but this screams "Troll" to me....

Any readers might want to reflect on the following rule of thumb;

Well-written posts generally indicate a knowledgable, careful person who is serious about what they do. Poor grammar, spelling and syntax indicate someone who doesn't care... so who should you listen to?

All the previous posts that said anything worth listening to, were well-written. Others weren't.
[/QUOTE]

The joys of Internet-speak. Unfortunately, 2 many ppl r used to IMing and using abbrvtns so day can tipe fast dat good lngge n sintax gos away. ;-)

I agree with you though. Well written posts are taken more seriously and tend to draw more responses. Those written in short-hand are looked down upon.

peace

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 03:49 PM

Being new he didn't know,he was warned then he changed. I don't know if english is his first language or not,but he could use spell check. He hasn't made any deragatory posts and he apologized.
You don't have to be knowledgeable to post here.We all started somewhere. Thanks for your help.
Posted by: JohnL

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 04:06 PM

Simple techniques;

If you're grabbed by one wrist, pull it and your opponent, towards you while hitting him in the head with your other elbow.

If you're (stupid enough) to be grabbed by both wrists, pull both and your opponent towards you and headbutt in face.

Both are what I describe as effective release techniques.

Johnl
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 04:22 PM

I concur with Sanchin's comments.

People with a desire to learn are most welcome. People who are willing to conform to the society of the forum whilst doing so are twice as welcome.

Equally being an arse will get you binned.

Regds
Mr V

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 04:37 PM

Thats an interesting question. My advice would be to seek out a qualified instructor in your area. Good luck.

Even though he's not technically a troll, this "advice" works perfect.
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 05:07 PM

What JohnL & UOfM said.

Also, politely and respectfully approach your instructor and ask him.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 06:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Simple techniques;

If you're grabbed by one wrist, pull it and your opponent, towards you while hitting him in the head with your other elbow.

If you're (stupid enough) to be grabbed by both wrists, pull both and your opponent towards you and headbutt in face.

Both are what I describe as effective release techniques.

Johnl
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

John, can you explain this further to me? I'm having trouble visualizing, what if the guy is stronger and, simple reaction when being pulled, pull back? Now it's strength vs. strength, let the bigger man win.

Am I missing a detail?
---------------------------------------------

My Advice:

When being simply grabbed (straight), change the leverage. Grab (Gakun: In the shape of a gun) their wrist with the same one their grabbing and step back, creating thae distance and off-balance. Now, it's all you. Strike (back leg) if you feel it necessary. Or just simply Haku-dori (escape) by slipping out of the slot in the hand.

When cross-wrist grabbed, move and grab their wrist by moving your thumb to your nose and grabbing on top, again creating off-balance and distance. Strike or escape.

When grabbed from the side, use momentum to swing your arm out the opening of their hand. Then create distance, discover the situation.

-Db

[This message has been edited by DullBlade42 (edited 04-19-2005).]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 08:21 PM

If you want a really simple one, pull out at the thumb. It's the only part with no real support.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/19/05 10:06 PM

Single wrist same side = slap in the face with other hand and pull out hand. Also niple twist works well instead of the slap if the person is wearing a shirt no coat.

Double grab distract with one of your feet kick in the shin or stomp on instep will help loosen grip pull straight up with both hands as soon as you feel grip loosen.

Other for double still distract as mentioned then swing both arms outward and up over your head smashing the backs of his hands together as hard as you can then knee in the groin.

good luck
Dan

[This message has been edited by Dan_66 (edited 04-19-2005).]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/20/05 04:22 AM

65% of our training in aikido deals with wrist grabs. Techniques such as shihonage, ikkyo, nikkyo, sankyo, kotegaeshi plus many more can all be used to deal with wrist grabs.

You can't learn a technique from reading it on a forum. Attend some classes and see if it's what you're after.

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] Chanters

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/20/05 08:58 PM

if they grab both your wrist, its very simple to get outta it, just kick them in the balls. if thats not possible, and if your hard headed enough, then hit the guy's nose with your forehead.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/20/05 09:16 PM

There is a simple solution. When someone grabs your wrists you push towards their thumbs. Tell one of your friends to grab your wrists and try doing what I tell you and you will be surprised how easily you will break free.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/20/05 09:30 PM

SHAO KHAN :"Thank you all for your comments i have tried some so again thanks. I would of posted this on my thread but sanchin closed it sorry about the caps lock i am seaking some akiado classes but i am having trouble finding one in my area thank you"

It's open!!!

Hope you find a good school soon. Best wishes. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by SANCHIN31 (edited 04-21-2005).]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/22/05 08:58 AM

Let them have your wrists, it only means that unless they let go, they are withing kneeing range. and you can pull them in closer if you want..My opinion...knee the word out of them..works for me

*watch your language*

[This message has been edited by SANCHIN31 (edited 04-22-2005).]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/26/05 07:43 AM

usually I throw a punch to shake them up a little then twist my wrist and my body to grab THEIR rist, and then throw them around or be thrown around willingly
Posted by: Ironfoot

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/28/05 03:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by F1ghtUAnyDay:
If you want a really simple one, pull out at the thumb. It's the only part with no real support.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Use this method. It's the easiest. Just turn your wrists in a circle and back towards you. When your wrist bones run up against the thumb, your hand's out.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/28/05 04:39 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHAO KHAN:
PLIZ HELP AND TELL ME WAT TO DO IF SOM1 GRABS BOTH OF YOUR WRISTS OR ONE THANX

Translation: Please help me by explaining to me some typical, basic techniques I can use to escape from a single or double wrist grab.
Thank you kind and wise members of the forum!

[/QUOTE]

Okay, though there are many different moves to release a grip of an attacker, the Muay thai knee comes in handy here. Hook you opposite hand, round the attackers neck, to avoid the, slipping from you grap, bring your knee horizontaly in, while pulling them down onto the knee, this wont only release there grip, but if done hard enough, break 3 or 4 ribs in the process... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/28/05 04:50 PM

Although pulling up against the thumbs will release you I don't think it's a good idea. When you pull back he will simply follow you in for strikes or another grab. You need to do something quickly to make him want to quit now. There are several grappeling and striking techniques you could do while releasing his grip.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/29/05 06:22 AM

Johnl
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

excellent idea man. one of the most simple direct and quick attacks possible. watch you don't get a tooth stuck in your forehead. That's just plain nasty.
I wouldn't advise it on a shorter opponent though as you might get a bloody nose. May i suggest the knee in this situation.

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/29/05 06:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rockleewannabe:
usually I throw a punch to shake them up a little then twist my wrist and my body to grab THEIR rist, and then throw them around or be thrown around willingly[/QUOTE]

They have both your wrists, punch them with what? Your third hand? Hmmm?

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/29/05 06:35 AM

If they grab both wrists, then that means that both their arms are up and not guarding.
You can just kick them in the stomach.
Headbutts are stupid. You might miss and get dizzy yourself for a couple of seconds.
Why would you EVER hit somone with the one part of your body that you are guarding the most??
Posted by: JohnL

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/29/05 08:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAGr:
Why would you EVER hit somone with the one part of your body that you are guarding the most??[/QUOTE]

Because if they've grabbed you by both wrists, their head is in the perfect position for a butt.

In addition, I don't worry about my forehead, it's a fairly solid lump of bone.

The old "Glasgow kiss" may not be subtle, but in the right situation, it works.

JohnL

Re: WAT U DO WEN SOM1 GRAB YOUR WRISTS - 04/29/05 08:42 AM

Fair, enough.
My skull is not that hard!
Imagine, if i went to head butt someone and i ended knocking out myself!! LOL how embarassing!