How do you sense the inital attack?

Posted by: Anonymous

How do you sense the inital attack? - 04/11/05 11:13 AM

In some street fights I've noticed that there are tell tell signs of attack. At a various range its different but the most dangerous range IMO is just in/outside hand striking range.

What I've notice is the shoulder will twicht or his eyes may jump, voice may gets louder, head may lean back or bob up or down, he may turn away and back at you. I'm sure there are many more.

But at what point do you strike, there is a legal issue here, but lets concentrate on going home or our saftey.

Quite frankly if I see these sign he never gets a chance to complete his motion. Before he is countered.

I've heard some comments on how did U know he was going to hit you. Even after ducking one. Quite frankly I didn't know for sure but I wasn't going to stand around and find out.

As for the distance attack where the guys marching toward U with intent. They get 1 loud warning, "Like hey man stop I don't want to fight, Please". then somewhere between kicking and mid range they are put on the defense or on their a$$.

This may not sound like fair fighting but its how I've survived on the street. It is not how I teach sparring but it is how I explain street fighting. There is a Big difference.

Whats are the signs and consequence of your pre-empted measures?

[This message has been edited by Neko456 (edited 04-11-2005).]

Re: How do you sense the inital attack? - 04/11/05 12:52 PM

A man who didn't like me very well came to my house late one night to confront me about "talking about him" I had no idea what his problem was other than he had a crush on my then girlfriend and was half drunk.(8 yrs ago.)
I had a 44 magnum on the other side of the door while listening to his rantings.(I thought he was armed) He was a friend of a friend so I did not call the police.(should have though)I went out to calm him down and told him to go home.(this was not a good idea) He aggressively came toward me taking off his shirt.I didn't let him get the chance to get it off all the way before picking him up and slamming him onto the doghouse.This ended the confrontation.He laid there moaning and apologizing and I felt like a dip for what I had done.He then agreed to leave and go fishing with me sometime.
I think when you feel threatened you have a right to defend yourself within reason.You shouldn't let someone get in your personal space aggressively without reacting.
Looking back there are ALOT of things I would have done differently. Hindsight is 20/20

Re: How do you sense the inital attack? - 04/11/05 04:02 PM

Sanchin31 The 3 battels MBS, 31? I applaud your reaction and the way you handled the threat of the unknown and obvious, in hind sight we can always see a better way but who should question success.

I find Martial arts such a pardox we walk around in our schools in white/uniforms looking to better ourselves but learning how to stun, miam & kill. Training so that we live.

You apparently learn those lessons well, despite learn how to bow, your humility won't let you be caught with your draws down.

Good Post LOL, shirt caught over his head and plow driven. Nice.

Re: How do you sense the inital attack? - 04/11/05 04:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neko456:
Sanchin31 The 3 battels MBS, 31? I applaud your reaction and the way you handled the threat of the unknown and obvious, in hind sight we can always see a better way but who should question success.

I find Martial arts such a pardox we walk around in our schools in white/uniforms looking to better ourselves but learning how to stun, miam & kill. Training so that we live.

You apparently learn those lessons well, despite learn how to bow, your humility won't let you be caught with your draws down.

Good Post LOL, shirt caught over his head and plow driven. Nice.

[/QUOTE]

31 yrs old. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
We did go fishing once. But he really wasn't my type of friend. He was a troublemaker and a moron.
Yes it is strange o seek peace through violence. If it happened again I would call the police and let them handle it.Having a family gives you a different perspective on life and taking risks.
Thanks.