what can u do against a psycho bastard?

Posted by: Anonymous

what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 07:24 PM

Hi, i dont know if u heard on the news about 3 weeks ago about a psycho bastard coming into MY church and started shooting at us while we were in church sevices.

he came in the back of the room like a coward and shoot 11 people. 7 of the 11 people were killed, my grandmother,a very good friend of mine he was 16 and his father (the minister) 2 very close family friends, a 15 year old boy( the same age as me) and a 60 year old man(i didnt know him very well)

and then the psycho shot himself.

i was in the room when it all happened

and its been about a month and im still going to church.

my mom says im being to cold about it cuz im not crying or being down all the time. I did cry a couple of times the day it happened and one day after that but not very long.My mom wants me to go talk to a counsler cuz she thinks im keeping every thing inside, but im not,and i dont think I need to talk to a counsler cuz im not screwed up like the other kids, for example there is one boy(13)after every thing was over he crwalled over to were the psycho was lying under a table dead and lifted up the table cloth and look at the psycho after he blasted himself in the head. but wait thats not all this kid did, when he was at his 15 year old cousins funeral he he wouldnt stop touching his dead cousins face. I dont know if any of u have seen the exorcist, but that kid gives of creepy vibess or feelings when u are around him, he doesnt have to say or do any thing just stand next to him and he gives of creepy vibes. and my mom thinks i need to go to counsling...HA, yea rite!

well i geuss my question is... what would u do in that situaton, and how would u deal with it after it happened, and do u think i should go talk to a counsler or some thing?

your replies would be greatly appreciated!!!

THANKS A TON!!!

Later!

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 07:49 PM

That is a very interesting question. My advice would be to seek out a qualified counsellor in your area for Post Traumatic Stress Counselling.

On a serious note, the first thing I would do is DUCK and RUN for cover. Anything else would be suicidal. But then I've been in the army, and that's the first thing you do when someone enters a room shooting.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 08:29 PM

I'm very sorry about what happened.

I do believe you should go to see a counsellor, there's nothing wrong with it at all. Even if you go there just to talk about the event to get it off your chest. Sometimes talking to someone who doesn't know you about these things is good for the soul.

In terms of self defense, we martial artists do what we can. We train ourselves to react the best we can to whatever situation we come up against. At least we know that in such a situation we have a higher chance of surviving than we would have if we were untrained. There are, unfortunately, no guarantees.

A good martial artist is trained to be aware of their surroundings at ALL times, the chances of being jumped are greatly reduced by this training. A martial artist's reaction speeds are elevated by their training and their physical ability should exceed that of someone untrained. This is called "stacking the cards in your favour".

As such, even if you don't use a single MA technique, you're MA is helping you to defend yourself.

If I was in a situation with an unprovoked, armed attacker I would hope that I'd keep my head low and run away as fast as possible (using a erratic weaving pattern). There's no way he can shoot you if you're out of his line of sight and range. If I was too close to the attacker, I would attempt to incapacitate them in less than 3 movements (unconscious or dead) and keep out of their firing arc. The chances are that this would fail but at least I would have tried to defend myself and others, which is better than nothing.

The point of martial arts is to increase the survival tools at our disposal in such a situation, as well as our knowledge of when and how to use them.

Don't become paranoid about this sort of thing though, it's not worth it.

See this website: www.nononsenseselfdefense.com

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 10:22 PM

TKD,
Many people have expeirienced random violence as children including myself. I did not recognize the effect it had on me till I was much older. If in the future you find it causes to any problems by all mean speak with a counselor.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 11:42 PM

i agree with the above. in this instance, my personal feelings have always been that of victimhood and helplessness. this type of thinking, however, only causes more pain and takes away from the quality of life that you were fortunate enought to keep. please see a counselor and get it off your chest, the pain isn't gonna go away just because you don't feel it right away. good luck, and condolences.

r
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/07/05 11:50 PM

Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome is very common in people who survive combat, extremely violent situations etc.

You may think you are ok, but those around you may see that you are not.
Go see a counselor, regardless if you think you need it or not.

See here for info: http://www.ptsdalliance.org/about_symp.html
Posted by: xerxes

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/08/05 03:21 PM

I did a search on Cudahy, Wisconsin but could not find anything about this incident. What is the name of the local newspaper or TV station. I would like to see how they reported on this event.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/09/05 02:30 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xerxes:

I did a search on Cudahy, Wisconsin but could not find anything about this incident. What is the name of the local newspaper or TV station. I would like to see how they reported on this event.
[/QUOTE]

The paper is Milwauke Journal sentinal they have a web site but i dont know what it is.

any way the media didnt do any good, they got alot of facts wrong. and they were a pain in the ass to deal with.

i will eloborate on the media more, i just got back from church and i have plans for today so i dont have much time

Later

P.S. Thanks for all the support and replies that every one has written on here! I appreciate it alot.
Posted by: Isshinryukid4life

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/09/05 11:45 PM

TKDFighter69,I agree with the above post,You need to get some help quik before you start to explode.

Btw I'm sincerely sorry for what happend.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/10/05 06:12 PM

Ditto. Very sorry for what you had to experience. hope you get help if you need it.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/11/05 04:43 AM

TKD, I also offer my sincer condolences. In this situation, I don't see how there was very much you could have done, except try to survive. If you want to talk about fighting back, there was no real way you could, unless you were sitting in the back row right next to the aisle where he was, and no more than a few feet from him. Really, getting out alive was the best you could hope for.

Re: what can u do against a psycho bastard? - 04/13/05 06:32 AM

The kid let curiousity get the best of him, that is a shame because he was so young, he will be scarred for the rest of his life. Yes he needs more help than you do.