Arvada/Westminster Colorado

Posted by: Anonymous

Arvada/Westminster Colorado - 04/06/05 01:13 AM

Hey guys, i have been a boxer for around 2 years now and i have also been into olympic sabre fencing, and basically im looking for an art that deals with more the defensive side of a fight , for instance what i could do if someone were to throw a kick, or a punch or a grab or a hold, I would really appreciate any help here, and would really like to know if any of you know of any places in the arvada westminster area of colorado, im not interested in to much honor or belts, just something that will teach me how to defend very well, but am very open to any of your guys seggestion cause you all truely seem like you know what your talking about.. Thanks for your time

Tim
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Arvada/Westminster Colorado - 04/06/05 01:21 AM

Jujitsu- either Japanese or Brazilian.

Re: Arvada/Westminster Colorado - 04/06/05 07:37 AM

Since you are in Colorado you might be able to find students of Willem De Touhars like Bob Orlando. I am told their approach to Silat is very effective.

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 04-07-2005).]

Re: Arvada/Westminster Colorado - 04/07/05 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info so far guys keep it coming, and yes any places you know of in the area will be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Re: Arvada/Westminster Colorado - 04/07/05 11:44 PM

Hey, sorry for double posting guys was just also curious of what kind o cost its gonna be to study something like jujitsu or silat, just a rough estimate, and i know what jujitsu is vaguely, but can anyone explain what silat is??

Thanks again

Tim