Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy

Posted by: Anonymous

Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 05:59 PM

I know I already ask this question somewhere, but I know it might get more answer if it had a post for itself

If you happen to fight someone who run at you and throw them crazy agressive punches, what is the best strategy to fight them?

If you happen to fight someone who is tall with more reach and run at you and throw tgen crazt agressive punches what is the best strategy to fight them?

If you happen to fight a fat guy with a lot of power, what do you do?

If you fight a small size guy like me and throw them super fast punches, what do you do?

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 06:10 PM

4 questions in one lol?

Put it this way, I hear that you weigh 100lbs from another thread. My advise to u would be to run NOT FIGHT. Hell, i'd even like to ask you politely to run if a girl starts picking on you.

You wanna learn how to fight? A good instructor will show you. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 06:19 PM

The clinch is very effective in those types of situations.

If the opponent comes in with a bunch of wild swings, step in and grab around (over) his arms (preferably), or around his body (under his arms).

Either way, you are now too close for him to hit you with any significant power, and you can try for a takedown, or just push him away.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 06:34 PM

Best thing is, DON'T FIGHT

You have much to learn, Young one. What's wrong with letting that uncontrolled guy get one up on you and you just backing down?

Martial arts is a way leading a peaceful NOT an agressive life.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 07:41 PM

I find it incredibly amusing how each time I ask for advice on fighting someone, someone will reply about fighting is not the way. I KNOW FIGHTING IS NOT THE WAY YOU GUYS SAID IT A BILLION TIME. YES, ASSUME BY THE WAY I AM CAP LOCKING THAT YOU GUYS ARE REALLY ANNOYING ME. Let's say I am fighting my friend for fun like in slap boxing. Same concept with boxing but less dangerous. What do I do when he start swinging at me.
Do I have to make a public thread about how I don't need to hear those answer when I am asking a question. I just want to know the answer. It's not like I am going to go to a tall or fat guy and pick a fight because you guys gave me advice.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 08:26 PM

http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000669.html

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 08:45 PM

Do we have to start this all over?

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 08:55 PM

Surely not. Let me see if I can help.

-------------------------------------------
I know I already ask this question somewhere, but I know it might get more answer if it had a post for itself
If you happen to fight someone who run at you and throw them crazy agressive punches, what is the best strategy to fight them?

--------------------------------------------

Yes you did. Best strategy=hit them and don't get hit.
How do you do that? Take lessons from someone who knows. Ma,boxing,etc...

If you happen to fight someone who is tall with more reach and run at you and throw tgen crazt agressive punches what is the best strategy to fight them?

Don't get hit with crazy aggressive punches. Hit him with your punches.
How do you do that? Take lessons.

If you happen to fight a fat guy with a lot of power, what do you do?

Don't get hit. Fight back or run.

If you fight a small size guy like me and throw them super fast punches, what do you do?

Use your super fast punches along with your crazy aggressive punches and don't get hit.

Are you getting better at fighting now?

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 08:57 PM

Sanchin, if I had a martial art teacher, I wish it was you.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 09:14 PM

If you were here I would. I like your enthusiasm for fighting,I just wish it was more constructive,less racist,inflamatory.
I wasn't trying to be smart in my reply.Just trying to drive home the fact that you cannot learn to fight on the internet.You need proper instruction with correction.
Do you think you would like working out outside? Doing knuckle pushups? Lots of repetetions,kicks,punches,drills?
I'm in Arkansas.Where are you?
One thing you can do,get a heavybag.Practice kicking and punching,it will build up your cardio and teach you timimg and distance(these are very important)At your age if you started a ma now you could be blackbelt by 18.Have you expressed your interests to your parents?

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/03/05 09:32 PM

I don't live anywhere near you. I think I will try to get a heavybag. As for doing cardio, I wake up at 6:00 am to get ready for school. At 7:00 I take the bus to school. At 7:45 school starts. I want to do some cardio at 5:00 to 6:00 am but it just get too cold, dark and too tiring which give me less the motivation to do it. I will try to take TKD lessons but not until the summer when I can get a job because it will put too much stress on my mom. As of right now, my school has after school programs for martial art one a week and I might find a community center that also endorse martial art.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/04/05 10:52 AM

Youngnlearning where do you live? If you are near Toronto Canada I can put you in touch with the right people. Kempai

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/04/05 06:54 PM

Seattle
Posted by: Chang Wufei

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/06/05 01:36 AM

I'm in Spokane. From Seattle, it's a 20 minute flight or a five hour drive.

[This message has been edited by Chang Wufei (edited 04-06-2005).]

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/06/05 05:19 AM

backstep.. wait till he throws, shoot in with good timing, grab them behind the neck, keep your shoulders up for protection, bring the knee up into their gut or chin (or nuts if you want to drop him.)
and most guys that swing crazy arent normally the best at telegraphing kicks, so high kick to the head might be in order if you get an opportunity.

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/06/05 05:37 AM

what i said is void though until you seek out a qualified instructor in your area.
learn how to strike correctly and keep your balance. heavy bag is a good idea

Re: Fighting A Uncontrolled Guy - 04/06/05 10:19 AM

Since young has been banned I suspect he won't be responding to any more advice.