town centre trouble

Posted by: Anonymous

town centre trouble - 04/01/05 05:52 AM

to be honest i think im a bit paranoid, but it seems like when ever i run into a gang in town that they have some sort of problem with me, im a normal guy and i train in judo and freestyle fighting, but i still get worried about these kind of people when im out

any advice??
Posted by: Shadowfax

Re: town centre trouble - 04/01/05 06:57 AM

What sort of advice are you looking for? You need to give more details. Are these "gangs" really gangs, or are they just a bunch of people walking with each other? Are they seeking you out, or are you mouthing off to them? If you're instigating anything, knock it off. If they're chasing after you every time you walk through the city, call the cops.
Posted by: cxt

Re: town centre trouble - 04/01/05 07:31 AM

Judogi

"whenever I run into a gang in town"

You make it sound like its a common thing.

Like--"I running to the bodaga for a few things, eggs, milk, some soda--also running into a gang later."

Best advice--seriously.

Stop going places and doing things where you would run into a "gang."
If your "running into them" on a regular basis--then your hanging around the wrong places.

Old buddy of mine complained,whined for years that he always got pulled over at the same speed trap, eventually had to sit him down and spell it out--ya got a couple of choices:

A-STOP SPEEDING
B-Find another route
C-Quit complaining

90 percent of real self-defense is common sense.

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 04-01-2005).]

Re: town centre trouble - 04/01/05 08:31 AM

i understand what your saying , i quote "the best way to block a punch is to not be there in the first place", i have not been mouthing off to these people but there the sort of people that wear there hoods up, and are generally lowlifes, i havent got a big problem i just want some advice in to what i should do if anything should happen, because there are alot of thse people around, they do no beleive in one on one fighting, although i dont like to fight, only in self defense situations

Re: town centre trouble - 04/03/05 08:33 AM

i agree completely with CXT... well said.