this is not just any what should i do

Posted by: Anonymous

this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 09:15 AM

right where do i start, iv been at high school for 5 years now in england, im not an unpopular person but i seem to be an easy target although every knows of my judo experience, i get alot of sh** in the playground and also at the end of lessons and in lessons, i have fought back and thrown sum big guys that have started things but this doesnt seem to make the problem stop, i also have good kicking ability and people are aware that i will kick themm if they start something but this usually ends up with getting jumped, its not a serious "jumping" but it is embarrasing
any advice?
many thanks

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 10:36 AM

Just my 2 cents.

You're probably getting people angry with you somehow. Perhaps they think you're a good "challenge" (because they know you are trained to fight) and that if they fight you they'll seem more macho. Who really knows?

You should try to sort out these problems by talking to the people who are bothering you if they are not serious about attacking you. Fighting hasn't solved anything so try something else (fighting shouldn't have been your first choice anyway, it probably worsened the situation).

Otherwise, go to an authority and inform them about what's happening and tell them you want this bothersome activity to stop.

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 10:42 AM

the only problem is with getting autorities involved is tht it doesnt seem tht serious to anybody, and if i did tht i wud get more sh** i always thought the best way was to ignore it but then i thought y shud i ans started to fight back but i think it might be gettin worse as they like to see me stressed, i have before thought that i would just take 1 down and the rest would leave me but this is not the case

thanks for ur reply

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 11:32 AM

Most bullies/pests annoy us to get our reaction. You've got to feel sorry for these people who can't seem to enjoy themselves unless they see someone else hurt/annoyed. Don't give them what they want by reacting to them, you'll appear weak to them if you give in and fight back or shout or even notice them. Ignore them as best as you can. They want your attention but they're below your notice, so don't give them any part of your precious time.

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 11:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Judogi1:
right where do i start, iv been at high school for 5 years now in england, im not an unpopular person but i seem to be an easy target although every knows of my judo experience, i get alot of sh** in the playground and also at the end of lessons and in lessons, i have fought back and thrown sum big guys that have started things but this doesnt seem to make the problem stop, i also have good kicking ability and people are aware that i will kick themm if they start something but this usually ends up with getting jumped, its not a serious "jumping" but it is embarrasing
any advice?
many thanks
[/QUOTE]

The next time a group of those guys is around beat them to the punch. Throw yourself one the ground and go "ow ow OW! Cut it out ...get OFF me..... MOMMY!!!!!!! stop hey stop!!!" Then just get up and say "I knew what was coming, just thought I'd save you blokes the hassle". [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Show them you're not bothered by them. Get them to laugh. If that fails, handle your business.

oldman

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 03:13 PM

lol gud advice with a humerous twist oldman i like it

much appreciated advice
cheers

Re: this is not just any what should i do - 03/29/05 03:33 PM

cum to think of it most of the trouble i get is ppl taking the mick out of judo and thiknin its some kind of karate chopping sport when its total different