forgot most my tkd

Posted by: Anonymous

forgot most my tkd - 03/27/05 11:37 PM

hey. i've been fighting since i was 8, and was in tkd, for moreless a year. then i got out, and started learning other styles, and making my own. anyways i'm 15 now and have forgotten most of what they taught me, except for the kicks.back in the dojo, we used to brake bricks and wood boards, and do a kata, and spar to get our belts. i forgot the proper way to brake the bricks with my fist or palm and was currious if any one could refresh my memory.

i'd grately appreciate all opinions, and suggestions. thanks

Re: forgot most my tkd - 03/28/05 12:03 AM

Any type of breaking requires full commitment into the strike.Strike through your target not the surface of it. I break 2 inch patio steps with a hammerfist. Boards with knuckles.You need proper instruction on breaking,otherwise you'll probably just injure yourself.
They're a proper way to break and improper,but it's just for show anyway.I wouldn't attempt it on your own.

Re: forgot most my tkd - 03/28/05 12:26 AM

alright thanks. i used to do it all the time, but that was when i still knew how, but since i havn't practiced it in a while, i've forgot the right way. and don't want to risk braking my hand.

thanks for your reply.