Eye gouge appreciation thread

Posted by: Anonymous

Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 04:35 PM

well, its been a minute but im back. And i have to share something in this forum..if you are in a street fight and you want an advantage, quickly and sharply drive your fingers into your opponents eyes. That works nicely. i can do it really fast, and while they stagger around rubbing their eyes, give em a left hook to the jaw. This is good advice for all the new members asking how to get an edge in a street fight [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
Later

[This message has been edited by Shaymo (edited 03-27-2005).]

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 04:47 PM

Dude, NO. NO on EVERY level. That's called PERMANENTLY BLINDING someone if you're an amatuer, or just completely untrained. That's like telling these kids "Hey, punch'em in the throat...". I'm not insulting you or you're style, but I am challenging your judgment. Trust not the skills of children, man! I really don't want to sound rude, but.. eye strikes are a BIG no no. If you have no been formally trained or believe your very life to be in question, don't poke anyones eyes. Hell, kick'em in the jimmy first...

- Op. Skinny Ninja

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 04:53 PM

of course i dont take it as an insult, you have the right to your opinion. Good feedback

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 07:22 PM

The irony is, after reading my own post a second time, it seems rather flameworthy! Regardless, good karma Shaymo. Do you have a style that emphasis such a move?

- Op. Skinny Ninja
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 07:47 PM

Any martial art has the eye poke(what it is properly called-gouge is digging a finger in and scooping the eye out).

Have to agree-Children do not try this at home!

Permanently blinding someone because they urinated on your car, stole your lunch money, or pushed you is not legally defensible.
You will go to prison or a nice facility for youths for a while. Not to mention the nice civil lawsuit where you get to give a lot of money to the victim.

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 09:55 PM

Eye gouges work,so does biting,hair pulling etc..
Lots of styles teach these. They can't be practiced for obvious reasons,only indicated.
However, they're good to have in your arsenol for a real situation.

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/27/05 10:02 PM

well i think for a regular fight, you should stay away form eye gouging, but if your life is threatened, and they plan to permanently hurt you, of course it's your job to stay alive, and well poking some one's eyes out really works. it gets them in pain, they can't see, and gives you enough room to escape.

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 04:10 PM

Got poked in the eye Sunday in training.

Hurt like Hell.

Didn't stop. Kept fighting through it although I knew that I could take a break if I wanted to. Also, I wasn't pissed off or trying to kill my training partner as I might be doing in the street.

hhhmmmmmmmmmm..........

A goal oriented attacker will keep attacking, even if blinded and in excruciating pain. Police see this all the time with Pepper Spray.

Moral:

Learn to do something besides eye boinks.
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 04:18 PM

Thanks Fletch. You saved me the trouble there.

Folks, Fletch is a cop. He knows of what he speaks.

Take some time to invest in a legitimate game and you'll serve yourself well.

-John

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 04:25 PM

anyway finger to the eye is an extensior from palm to the jaw!u can hit him and if that doesnt work u have to return ur hand anyway then it is best to finger him in the eye!i belive it is not a wise thing to do but every person has its pleasure! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 05:02 PM

I agree with just about every post in this thread. It boils down to the fact that if your life is not in danger in a street fight, by which I mean it is just you and another guy banging it out then you don’t really need to eye gouge him.

But then you also have to remember that there are no rules in a street fight at all, everything goes everything. I used to be a LEO in the Military and in Civilian life so I know what trouble you can bring upon yourself.

But the streets are know joking matter and everything in the world goes in a street fight, so if you must then do so. But I recommend that if you beating the hell out of the guy that you don’t but if your taking a beating and need to do so and have the shot then go for it.

Just use your head, most of the time it is better to walk away.

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 06:16 PM

While I agree that a poke in the eye would not stop a violent attacker,it also depends on the extent of the injury.

Re: Eye gouge appreciation thread - 03/28/05 07:20 PM

Dude, unless the mother f-er was coming at me with a sword or some huge club like thing, I'd rather take my punnishment than not being able to sleep knowing I might have permanently blinded him.

I'm only in my early teens nd know that thats "A serious no no". But if you SERIOUSLY know what your doing, fine by me, but I sure won't.