Your favorite type of elbow

Posted by: Anonymous

Your favorite type of elbow - 03/26/05 07:01 PM

I like the regular elbow where your close in and just roundhouse your elbow into their face.

If you watch The Ultimate Fighter, especially Mondays Episode, you know it's very effective

I also like the Elbow where you thrust outward because I'm relativly short so it's hard to reach up to the face with that first elbow so I do the outward elbow to the Solar Plexus and then can either trip them or continue a combo

I know their aren't many types, but what's your favorite and why?

Re: Your favorite type of elbow - 03/27/05 12:46 PM

Elbow downwards to between the shoulder blades from a shoulder lock position. I haven't actually used it before (I'm only just starting Jujutsu) but it could come in very handy for getting an opponent to the ground. It's also more powerful because it uses your bodyweight on an already unbalanced opponent who can't do much to defend against it. Elbows rock in clinch range! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: Your favorite type of elbow - 03/27/05 02:50 PM

send a flying knee to fake out your opponent, while your momentum is swinging up from your raised knee strike feint, at the height of your jump twist yourself around sending a spinning back elbow to the targets body or head.
to the untrained fighter it just seems like you missed a knee strike and they do not expect the brutal follow up.

other than that i really like the return elbow strike and anything using the tip.
i like all elbow strikes actually.

Re: Your favorite type of elbow - 03/27/05 03:33 PM

lol i don't know the name of different elbows, but one i really like to do is when i'm in my stance, with my left arm, i elbow them to the jaw,swinging it to the right of me with a slight turn of my torso,then while my left elbow is still "cocked" i just jabb them in the nose. your opponent will be completely stunned, broken nose, and if hit hard enough even have them fall down.

Re: Your favorite type of elbow - 03/27/05 09:17 PM

Cutting elbow, it comes from up and out to down and in. Its only real application it to the jaw but its a strong elbow.