Effective street fighting

Posted by: Anonymous

Effective street fighting - 03/20/05 06:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been learning muay thai for 3/4 of a year and would like to know some strike points which would quickly subdue an attacker in a street situation using only muay thai techniques(since this more familiar to me), elbows to the temples etc etc.
Could you guys please help me out?

Thanks

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/22/05 01:10 AM

I am no expert but in imo you need to make up your own style of techniques. i Mean if someone puts out their front foot kick em in the thai (not knee thats gone too far ) they will fall, if they looking real threatening and you know they going to do everything to hurt use elbows and knees i guess just my opinion dont sink me with insults

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/22/05 02:44 AM

A good round kick to the thigh will stop most people. They'll at least think twice about coming forward again.

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/22/05 04:09 AM

Thanks alot guys
much appreciated
[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/23/05 10:46 PM

I think the best weapon in street combat is knee strikes, either to the ribs or to the head. This comes from the taijutsu i've trained in, but same principles apply for muay thai.

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/23/05 11:00 PM

Slip a punch and hit to the floating rib. It's the lower-most rib and isn't connected like the others so it breaks easier. Also, people tend to not notice it's broken for a little while (30 seconds maybe) so you can hit them there a few more times.

A nice hard low kick will drop most unconditioned people.

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/25/05 09:49 PM

a good round kick to the ribs is the trick, or thigh in that matter..if u can get hold of their shoulders for a second a good knee to the solar plexus does the trick very well. if they throw a punch parry their fist under your right or left arm (whichever is closer) and with your other elbow which is up raise and hit them on their cheek bone or forehead..guaranteed to split the skin.

Re: Effective street fighting - 03/27/05 04:07 PM

simply break their nose, once it's broken their eyes get watery and they can't see. so if they still fight you, you'll have a great advantage, but people will probaly give up if you brake it. a good elbow to teh face would work, or kick, or anyway that will break it.

hope this helps