Charges

Posted by: Anonymous

Charges - 03/09/05 10:41 PM

I was wondering about if at school what has to happen for a fight to be considered self defense? and what would be the worst thing that could happen if someone hit me first and i fought back. Does someone have to hit me first?
Posted by: mikelw

Re: Charges - 03/10/05 12:14 AM

Don't let anyone hit you first.

Re: Charges - 03/10/05 03:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flying Dragon:
I was wondering about if at school what has to happen for a fight to be considered self defense? and what would be the worst thing that could happen if someone hit me first and i fought back. Does someone have to hit me first?[/QUOTE]

hey just out of curiousity you didnt pee on a guys car did you? hmmmm just thought i'd ask. if so he's lookin for ya.

now down to brass tacks. there are certain times when fighting is neccessary.and after surviving high school and my more than fair share of fights i can safely say that you dont need to fight in school. its pointless and doesnt solve anything. if some guy is harshin your mellow then tell someone. actually tell everyone. turn it around on him. after everyone knows that he is picking on a lil guy they'll turn on him for bein a doorknob. theres strength in numbers my friend. get as many people sympathetic to your cause as possible but dont expect them to stand up for you just because you wont. YOU have to show some spine and stand up for yourself. that doesnt mean that you go toe to toe with the guy that just means that you have some self worth. dont take his crap, when he's a moron call him on it. and as far as your question is concerned, at the beginning of the year they hand out a book of scrap paper. thats actually the code of conduct. you might want to check there for the specifics of fighting in your school. and if you find yourself in an unavoidable situation and you have to throw down then give it all you got kid cus it'll be over before you know it.

Re: Charges - 03/10/05 06:04 AM

Imho for self defense to apply you should not technically "fight back". In many countries self defense is about stopping the fight and getting away from danger as quickly as possible. That means either (1) running like hell in the first place or if this is impossible because it is an ambush (2) dropping the guy in 3 moves or less then proceeding to step (1). (Generally a much more dangerous option as well)

Imho no circumstance prolonging an altercation by fighting back over a long period of time can be called self defense.
www.nononsenseselfdefense.com

[This message has been edited by Leo_E_49 (edited 03-10-2005).]