Your favorite takedown

Posted by: Anonymous

Your favorite takedown - 03/09/05 06:02 PM

what is your favorite takedown and if you want what do you think is the best one?
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Your favorite takedown - 03/09/05 06:46 PM

I have several:

High crotch single (and dump), snatch single, underhook to knee block, back heel trip and the inside trip.

The best takedown is always the one you're the best at. In my case, the high crotch and the back heel trip come very naturally to me and I can hit them on the fly easily.

Nice thread.

-John

Re: Your favorite takedown - 03/09/05 07:15 PM

Sorry, I don't know the name of mine in English. I drop slightly forward to the ground on one leg, while the other one extends and positions itself as close as possible to the opponent's ankle (I usually use it as a defense against a high kick, so my opponent has only one leg left on the ground - and can't use it. Otherwise it would expose myself to an easy and nasty groin-kick...). Then I kick my other leg aproximately at knee-height and roll my body in the same direction to give it some power. Provided I extend my legs far enough, it really works great! Besides, it's both a dodge and a counter-attack at the same time: I love it. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Your favorite takedown - 03/11/05 12:34 PM

I like the single leg and double leg takedown, body drops and inside/outside majors. Belly to belly/hip dumps, and surprisingly fireman dump not carry hit and release, while on my knees him pushing out from a double leg attempt.