Help?

Posted by: Anonymous

Help? - 03/08/05 08:38 PM

Ok i first want to say, i in no way plan to use this, im asking for educational purposes only.

What is the best way to increase punching form, speed and power? I figure speed and power should sorta go together but you guys would know better. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I've seen two different people knock others out with a single punch to the nose. Blood everywhere and the guy out like a light. When I punch, i think i am hitting hard, but not the same affect, i am wondering what im doing wrong / them right? Not that i want to knock/bloody up some random punk, but i should be able to if it came down to it. Im just looking to maximize my power, to get knockout type power.

Also, when a fight with a much larger person is unavoidable, and you know in a punch for punch, you can't stand with them, how do you disable them so you can walk away not to badly harmed? A person a know who was a navy seal said to kick to the knee, but i really don't like the idea, nor do i want to chance what they do to me if i fail, any suggestions other then walk away, i don't mind walking away but when they just won't let you, its inevitable.

I really appreciate ANY feedback, thx alot guys.

-matt
Posted by: nekogami13 V2.0

Re: Help? - 03/08/05 08:54 PM

1)work a heavy bag.

2)shot of pepper spray to face, run like hell.

Re: Help? - 03/09/05 08:28 AM

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/MAtraining.htm

Imho lots of good advice here.

[This message has been edited by Leo_E_49 (edited 03-09-2005).]

Re: Help? - 03/09/05 09:32 AM

well to have much of maximun power, use your weigth on the punch+ put most of your energie in your fist(like if your forcing to close your hand)if u punch by the rigth, your left foot should be in front, if you punch from the left, your rigth foot should be in the front(must be a bit sideway , u can kick em too)try to hit him where u are most scared to get hit by the other guy then try and put him down good luck.