the Solar Plexus

Posted by: Anonymous

the Solar Plexus - 01/31/05 01:29 PM

How much stopping power does a punch (or whatevr) to the solar Plexus have, my freind says that if you hit them hard enough there you can collapse the chest cavity. Not a pretty picture.
Posted by: schanne

Re: the Solar Plexus - 01/31/05 01:36 PM

Don't know about that but from expierence trust me, you can drop someone if they are hit there. Now hitting that small spot is difficult too. Most guys get cought in the solar plexus with a reverse punch.

Re: the Solar Plexus - 01/31/05 01:39 PM

Yes if you can hit hard enough ( like a scale between 1 to a 10 a 8) you will make them fall to the ground instantly. Like if they got shot or something............

*Inuyasha*

Re: the Solar Plexus - 01/31/05 11:25 PM

When hitting the solar plexus you must (as with any pressure point) use the proper angle and direction. In this case it is not straight inward,yes that's hurts, but in and down at a 45degree angle is the proper way to hit. This has nothing to do with the chest cavity though. It is located below your chest where your ribs come together at the top.
All American Goju Karate

Re: the Solar Plexus - 02/01/05 12:46 PM

Recently in Pro boxing matches, boxers are being counted out by body shots and some are solar plexus strikes. So even as good in shape as sme of them are, it hard to stand up to a good strike there. And even if you recover you are drained, it takes a while to recover.

Imagined getting kicked there, U almost would give up a head or grion shot LOL.

[This message has been edited by Neko456 (edited 02-01-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Neko456 (edited 02-01-2005).]

Re: the Solar Plexus - 02/02/05 11:45 AM

I've stopped a bigger guy dead in his tracks with a punch to his solar plexus.

People occassionally get hit in the solar plexus in my sparring class and I don't see anyone continue fighting with a solid punch laid into their solar plexus. They usually just stop lean over and struggle to breathe. I've been punched in the solar plexus a few times before. If it's a solid punch it usually takes the fight out of me. Been kicked before in the solar plexus as well. It's much more devasting and it wasn't even a full powered kick. The body naturally doesn't take getting struck hard in the solar plexus very well no matter how tough, the one recieving it, like to think they are. All thoughts of doing damage go right out the window.

[This message has been edited by Walter Wong (edited 02-02-2005).]

Re: the Solar Plexus - 02/02/05 11:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neko456:
Recently in Pro boxing matches, boxers are being counted out by body shots and some are solar plexus strikes. So even as good in shape as sme of them are, it hard to stand up to a good strike there. And even if you recover you are drained, it takes a while to recover.[/QUOTE]
And don't forget their gloves have very thick padding. Imagine if they struck bare knuckled with the power they have.